who and what are we?

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 12:47 am
I Used to refer to myself, through addressing my physical body.

I used to refer to (the people in) my environment, as something (and some self), other than my own.

I realized, my body is merely, a utility available for my expression.

I realized, my (perspective of my) environment (including the people in it), is me.

So when the body commands the environment (the very same command, but executed as, body originating),

it is a stranger (a command, being generated in a foreign, alien, location,
Which affects the purpose of the idea to varying degrees),

manipulating your perception (you).

stripping you, of your rights to priority attention and care.

When the environment controls the body (not physically, but within ones mind exclusively), it's the person controlling his utilities.

(Thereby, keeping priority and goals in perspective, not investing all resources in acquiring a golden shovel for example, when the purpose is merely to dig a hole in the ground)

When I observe another human in action, I am unable to decipher the action being observed, without utilizing my personal historical set of experiences (of what it's like to exist and to act as such), and paste that onto the other fellow's form and color (image).

It therefore only "seems" like a stranger,
But is in reality, a deflection of one's own self.

Therfore, the only aspect of the (observation) perception, that really independently matters for its own sake

(which seems to be an indication of where your self, actually resides), is the perceived environment,

and only that perception, causes everything else to indirectly matter.

To elaborate,
Your perception, is who you really are (what people refer to as "being alive", clinging to it, defending it at all costs).

And your perception is not at all what it appears to be (it attempts to represent the outside person*),

given the extreme diversity of the human experience, it is not really possible for two people, to read life identically
(It's not so much the food that's testing good (a minor contribution), as the limited edition and very unique tongue,

processing the nerve signals, even better).

*It appears to be the outside fellow's experience, while it's actually , exclusively one of the observer.

And when the observer (the physical body) is wrongly identified as the person,
and that very identity, is running from the observation (negative memories), there is hardly anything left of the actual soul (self).

A person is the observation, not the utility (observer).

Ones body is no different, than a pair of eyeglasses, are you a a binocular set?
Neither are you a humans body or a pair of human eyes (you merely possess one).

To summarize,

Man is not (the one who is) observing,
Neither is he (the one who is) being observed,
But (he is) the observation itself.

In my personal existence, these ideas have given me the courage and motivation, to face past traumas,

and identify with "my unique (limited edition) ability", to experience
(everything in life, including this) trauma,

but not with the particular traumatic sensation being a condition in my identification (but rather a circumstance).

these ideas have given me the courage and motivation, to face past traumas,
and organize, relabel and "resolve", the conflicts and dilemmas, comprising the agony, instead of evading my-(Consciousness, which is all of my)-self.

A metaphor to what running away from unpleasant memories might look like,

One putting on his winter coat, and becoming so obsessed and focused on the jacket, that he exclusively identifies with it, totally dropping awareness, of the wearer and his needs, desires and opinions.

For some, the term perception,
Is more powerful than observation.

Here we go.

Man is not (the one who is) perceiving,
Neither is he (what is being) perceived,
But (he is) the perception itself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 257 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 11:33 am
@think rethink,
Answer:
http://able2know.org/topic/347796-1

Some of us would like to know more about you, a few providing a profile. If you fear ID I am [email protected] and liketa chat

At least we're wondering what drew you to a2k and how long did that OP take you
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » who and what are we?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:43:17