What this site needs is a Donald Trump thread.

Krumple

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The article states what I have witnessed as long as I have lived here. It points out that there is a culture here that will vote for insane politicians for a long list of reasons and it does not matter if you have proof these politicians are monsters.

I know right? It's crazy people are voting for Hillary.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:21 pm
Wow, thank you for posting that.

To start with, I've chary about Trump getting heavy uneducated white male support as some kind of explanation. I've not argued about it here - if I argued each time I tended to disagree, I'd collapse from typing.

I've known plenty of smart white males who didn't do the rigmarole for a variety of reasons, including my husband's father who had no schooling after fourth grade. When I knew him, I think he read a history book a week, avid. My husband's mother, a college graduate, was quite an idiot (according to me - who else would put mustard in lime jello?) I'm only half kidding. I didn't totally dislike her, but his father was the smart one. They didn't come to our wedding (I was no longer catholic and besides that, too damned old) but they got over it. Took a while.

I'll pay attention to this guy.

Some with smarts on a2k were without benefit of advanced schooling....
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:14 pm
@ossobucotemp,
In the area discussed in the article, women vote that way too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:15 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
I've known plenty of smart white males who didn't do the rigmarole for a variety of reasons, including my husband's father who had no schooling after fourth grade. When I knew him, I think he read a history book a week, avid. My husband's mother, a college graduate, was quite an idiot (according to me - who else would put mustard in lime jello?) I'm only half kidding. I didn't totally dislike her, but his father was the smart one. They didn't come to our wedding (I was no longer catholic and besides that, too damned old) but they got over it. Took a while.

I'll pay attention to this guy.

Some with smarts on a2k were without benefit of advanced schooling....

You're a curious poster. You vacillate between "kind and wise" and "horrible psychopath". I'm glad to see your wise side here.

College education does presuppose a certain level of intelligence. For example I doubt that many retarded people will attend college. But it is a pretty low bar. Some pretty dumb people are able to get a college degree. And these dummies then wave their college degrees around as purported evidence that they are smarter than they really are.

(More of your "kind and wise" personality please. I don't like your "horrible psychopath" personality very much.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:20:24