THE CLOWNS ARE COMING!

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 03:17 pm
@izzythepush,
I think Stephen King, ensured that his fans were aware, this had nothing to do with his movie. Not his calling, doing.

It just takes one nutter, to see a movie and go, " oh start a facebook page, the clowns are coming and getting everyone to act like one of his characters for fun". Let's not think about the fact that their face is covered and therefore no one knows who they are. Oh this is good "no one knows who I am"....

And, I sit here waiting "hoping not" for something horrible and sinister to arise from this "hoping not".....

Yet the Police are thinking like me.

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 03:54 pm
@chai2,
Come at me in the hospital and I'd drag myself out of bed and hurl my pills at you..

I do pick up that there are differing cultures around the world re the theatrics of clowns.

I had a friend, a doctor in our department, interesting guy. His family back in the New York area were neighbors of some film people a lot have liked over years. I'd call their city block or area as quite prolific. Anyway, this guy liked magic tricks. (Hi, Mickey!)

I was, uh, never interested in all that, though he was often quite wise as a person. But he didn't use the tricks to thwart people like me - he used them once in a while to engage children, and even I can't fault him for that, I trusted his judgement.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 06:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
With Trump on the way to becoming president it makes sense that clowns are on the rise. What better way to deal with insanity than to paint your face and wear horrible fashion? Besides when you creep out your neighbors you are giving them practice for what's to come in the next four years.

Que the circus music..
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 01:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I wasn't blaming Stephen King or his fans for what's going on right now. I said Stephen King pretty much highlighted people's fear of clowns with his novel It.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 03:34 pm
@izzythepush,
I know that. I picked up from your post, "Stephen King" and merely commented Smile
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The guys doing the clown attacks in the US are lucky they don't get shot in self defense.
Krumple

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:12 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The guys doing the clown attacks in the US are lucky they don't get shot in self defense.

Be careful when you talk like that. You scare the pants off the anti-gun liberals. They don't need any additional reasons to think the second amendment is pointless.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:25 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I think Stephen King signed the death warrant for clowns in the English speaking world

Especially clowns with fangs and bad dental hygiene.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:49 am
McDonalds is keeping Ronald McDonald out of sight until the clown sightings are down. But I still see the Jack in the Box clown quite a bit. I hate to see people giving up the innocuous in life because of unrelated happenings.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:06 am
@edgarblythe,
The missus and I are looking at an older (94 years) lady here in the house, a 24/24, 7/7 care. The mandatory long term care insurance offers four weeks per year holidays for carers. During those days and nights, the older person gets a short term care.
She's now in a care for a couple of days. I visited her this afternoon ...and two clowns did the same. (Well, they visit all residents, but stopped only for my photo in this group ... because people there were engaged differently at that moment.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2l9iniv.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:17 am
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:19 am
@edgarblythe,
Whenever I see a Ronald McDonald I see Cav, not some evil clown. I think its the yellow in his color scheme
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 02:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But, I can see their faces clearly. They aren't scary.. I still think it's nice when these sorts of things happen.
neologist

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 11:10 pm
US politicians have shown that not all clowns are in costume.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 11:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
These two had been working in refugee camps in Greece before for a couple of weeks, too - they are members of "Clowns Without Borders" as well.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 11:41 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hello Walter, its good to see you.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 03:34 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
And, just as thought, it begins:-

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32911523/axe-wielding-man-in-clown-mask-goes-on-crime-spree-woman-left-injured-adelaide/#page1

Quote:
A woman has been injured in a terrifying Adelaide western suburbs crime spree, involving a man who was wearing a clown mask.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/thieves-in-clown-masks-burgle-four-homes-in-gulfview-heights/news-story/d68a980180d6c2bd90cb512210004f56

Quote:
Thieves ‘in clown masks’ burgle four homes in Gulfview Heights

Quote:
South Australia Police Keeping SA Safe logo ... Police are investigating an aggravated robbery at Woodville Park last ... The first suspect is described as about 190cm tall, medium build, and was wearing a clown mask, light ...

Quote:
Police are hunting two men who robbed a Dominos pizza shop at Port Adelaide. ... www.7news.com.au/adelaide ..... been left traumatised by home invaders, one of them wearing a clown mask.

It was so obvious, if the "clowns" were coming to Adelaide, that other "clowns" would appear and take advantage of being a clown!~
0 Replies