Suffering should not exist and is pointless

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:28 am
Some people would say that suffering is for our personal growth and development. First off, I think this is plain asinine because there are forms of suffering that are so horrible that it only serves to destroy people's lives and lead them to suicide.

Second, God wanted us to create our own heaven here on Earth so that when we die, we go to that heaven we created. But suffering only serves to create our own hell here on Earth. A hell that we go to after we die. Even if it is only for a temporary moment, that moment was completely pointless.

The moment of hell a person had to go through here on Earth in his/her life and the temporary moment of hell after his/her death was completely pointless. If God wanted us to create our own heaven, He would create the ideal life for that.

He would create a life that has no suffering. This life is not ideal for the creation of our own heaven at all. If God wanted us to truly grow and be in heaven, then hell should not exist. Besides, there are positive alternatives to spiritual growth.

There are positive and healthy ways of doing things. Suffering and misery is not the only solution to spiritual growth and development. There are positive and happy/healthy ways to spiritually grow and mature.

I just see all the suffering as completely pointless. It should of never existed. For example, take someone who is insane, psychotic, and living a life of hell and misery in a psych ward. This is not the person's fault.

When he/she dies, he/she goes to some distressing/hellish afterlife and is then eventually saved by the love and comfort of the Spirit of Light. So he/she finally grows. He/she finally sees the light out of his/her misery. So he/she is finally able to go into the light.

But that's just it. If he/she never had any of this misery in the first place and was born with a happy and healthy brain, then he/she would of already been in this light. He/she would of already been able to create his/her own heaven here on Earth and go there after he/she dies.

So the obvious rational solution to this whole problem would obviously of been not to create suffering on Earth in the first place. To have this person be born with a happy healthy brain. Since him/her being in the light is what is important here, then there is no excuse as to why this obvious solution I have offered shouldn't of been made.

It would be irrational asinine nonsense to think that the alternative is somehow a better solution. It makes no sense at all. The latter solution I have offered is rational. If, for example, recovering from cancer was what was important and this recovery was somehow necessary to go into the light and to get out of the darkness, then not having cancer in the first place would be the obvious solution here for a loving God to implement.

If there is a problem that needs to be moved beyond by the individual, then don't have the problem in the first place. It would be no different than me not choosing to stab myself or to cause any other form of suffering upon myself because this would cause health problems that I would need to resolve.

Since I haven't caused any such suffering or injury upon myself, then these health problems are already resolved. By being healthy, I have no such problems in the first place. This same line of logic also applies to all the suffering in this life. If you want a person to create a heaven here on Earth and to be in the light, then don't create a life of suffering in the first place where people can't help but create their own hell here on Earth that they will also go to after they die.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,935 • Replies: 11
No top replies

XxSiCxX

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 08:00 am
@MozartLink,
You are leaving out the concept of free will. That we have the deciding voice in who and what we want to be. As for heaven and hell I give you the only bit of writing on the subject I have ever liked.

Quote:
The parable of the Long Spoons explains very well what heaven and hell truly are.

One day a man said to God, “God, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.”

God showed the man two doors. Inside the first one, in the middle of the room, was a large round table with a large pot of stew. It smelled delicious and made the man’s mouth water, but the people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. God said, “You have seen Hell.”

Behind the second door, the room appeared exactly the same. There was the large round table with the large pot of wonderful stew that made the man’s mouth water. The people had the same long-handled spoons, but they were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.

The man said, “I don’t understand.”

God smiled. It is simple, he said, Love only requires one skill. These people learned early on to share and feed one another. While the greedy only think of themselves… [Author unknown]
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 12:52 pm
Suffering exists so you can better enjoy the non-suffering moments. If suffering ceased being, then all your life would be one long monotonous drool.

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 08:16 pm
@Sturgis,
can a man find no enjoyment without having first experienced suffering?
roger

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 08:27 pm
@Smileyrius,
How would he know he had found it?
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2016 03:26 am
@roger,
Chemistry I guess, endorphine levels rise, is the difference between positive emotion and neutral emotion not sufficient to know the difference, does the scale Need a bottom end of suffering to recognise movement on the scale?

I'm no psychiatrist, I'm just not a fan of suffering 🙃
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 03:34 pm
@MozartLink,
Mozart I have an analogy to sum up your premise here.

I see life like an arena game where you were not given the choice to participate. The thing is, no one knows the rules but this doesn't prevent some players from trying to insist they know the rules. We are essentially forced into life and we aren't born with a rule book or something to really guide us. (Despite what some nutcases will attempt to claim).

Suffering effects us differently, for some it's motivating but for others it's defeating. On top of this not all suffering is the same.

I've had moments where I wish I could give my life to someone else, who could use it in a more productive way or benefit people. I find irony between people dying of terminal illness who desperately want to live vs. Those who are depressed suicidal or addicts who throw their life a way.

Suffering is a recipe in some ways. It's made up of ingredients that once come together manifest as suffering. When you figure this out you have the ability to prevent these ingredients from mixing preventing suffering from arising.

I don't believe we need suffering to understand happiness. I think people who talk like that are used car salesmen for life. Trying to sell you on nonsense to justify why a God would create a universe based on suffering.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 07:02 am
@Krumple,
...yeah right because VALUE is made on a straight plain not from top mountains to vales...you need to do some reading on 101 economics. It relates !
Its well true, no risk no pleasure !
Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 08:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...yeah right because VALUE is made on a straight plain not from top mountains to vales...you need to do some reading on 101 economics. It relates !
Its well true, no risk no pleasure !

Yeah just like a mountain climber says they want ti climb mountains because it could kill them. If there was no threat of death mountaun climbing would be a waste of time.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 07:25 am
@Krumple,
Have you ever read about brain normalization of noise or of pain or even pleasure ? Yeah...given your replies on this topic I figure you didn't...
Krumple

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 03:51 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Have you ever read about brain normalization of noise or of pain or even pleasure ? Yeah...given your replies on this topic I figure you didn't...

The concepts you are attempting to push are not only incorrect but they have social motivations behind them. It isn't about scientific discovery but instead imposes idealism. It's to continue with this idea that suffering is necessary in the world. It's not.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 10:38 am
@Krumple,
I am speaking neuroscience not sociology or psychology ! Any ways you do in fact have not read any of it so I leave it at that...
0 Replies