Have nightmaires every night~

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:46 am
Always have nightmaires during bed time.And really tired when I wake up.How can I sleep better?

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 07:44 am
@Sherlancher,
A few ideas:
  • No caffeine after noon. No coffee, tea (unless either is decaf), soda (again, decaf is fine), or chocolate.
  • Cut the amount of sugar you eat in a day. This one isn't as time-dependent, but just have less of it.
  • Cut the amount of alcohol you are drinking, if any. Alcohol really messes up your sleep cycle.
  • Get more exercise. But no aerobic exercise after about 8 PM, because it can rev you up. You want to get tired but be past the time when exercise is firing you up.
  • Stay away from entertainment which might be nightmare-inducing. If you watch or read a lot of horror, or play first-person shooter video games, you are setting yourself up for nightmares. Try mixing it up and changing your entertainment to more mild forms, such as soothing music, comedies, etc.
  • Consider what might be stressing you in life. You can't change everything, but are there ways to cut the stress? Can you get organized, remove toxic people from your life, or take up meditation?
  • Establish a regular sleep routine. Go to bed at the same time every night and set an alarm to get up the same time every morning.
  • Make sure your sleep routine allows for at least eight hours of sleep. Try allowing for nine, mainly to give yourself some time to fall asleep, but don't hit snooze on the alarm. When it rings for the first time, you get up.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:26 pm
@Sherlancher,
Sher do hear Jes
Sherlancher

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:07 pm
@jespah,
Thanks a lot for your advice. They are very helpful and I think professional. I've read your profile-said you were a fiction author, a blogger and an attorney. Maybe you should add that you are also a doctor. Haha.
0 Replies

Sherlancher

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:32 pm
@dalehileman,
Thanks. I'll do it. In fact, I just watched a horror movie-named Train to Busan-last night before go to bed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Have nightmaires every night~
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 03:13:15