Men. Please answer this question.

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 05:21 pm
I have been on at least two dates in the last three weeks, and both dates lasted about 4 to 5 hours (both dates!). They were fantastic dates, a lot of laughter, chemistry, and low key, laid back no-pressure banter. Both times, the guys ended up holding my hand toward the end of the date. Both times, and without me saying ANYTHING, the guys said they were interested in getting together again.

Prior to the date, there was heavy texting. Nothing inappropriate, just friendly chatting. Then the great date happens. After the date...nothing. Silence. Two days later, sometimes three or four, nothing. So, I reach out with a harmless "hey, how's your day?" Crickets. If the guy is so unhappy on the date, why stick around for 4 or 5 hours? Why hold my hand? Why tell me he is interested in going out again and then nothing.

Is it the kiss of death for a girl to reach out to a guy a few days later?

Please explain this unusual mating behavior.

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:00 pm
@SunnyOne78,
Why do you not want to hear what grown women say? You are very insistent on that.
SunnyOne78

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Not really. The question was directed to men for a reason.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:24 pm
@SunnyOne78,
I am a man and have been on lots of dates when I was single. These situations are a mystery to me. If I had gone on a date that went that well I definitely would call the woman within a couple of days. If this had only happened with one man I would say that he was either stupid or that he was involved in a fatal accident right after your date. But it happened twice with two different men, so I'm mystified.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:40 pm
They were just being polite, or were thinking it was an easy way out. Had nothing to do with the fact you reached out first. It's not 1954.

SunnyOne78

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:47 pm
@chai2,
I agree. But if he was simply being polite for an easy way out, then why hold my hand, or make an attempt to kiss me goodnight? Someone trying to be polite or had no intent to go on a second date, you would think they wouldn't make those moves.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:48 pm
@chai2,
Ooh, ooh, Chai is a grown woman.

Whom I agree with in this case.
SunnyOne78

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:52 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't really care.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:01 pm
@SunnyOne78,
I am a single man. I can answer this.

First, There is nothing wrong with reaching out to a guy you are interested in a few days after a date. In fact, you should do this. If a woman texts me or calls me a few days after a date, it would make me more interested in her rather than less.

Second, These guys weren't really interested in you. If they were, they would have responded (or probably had initiated themselves). You shouldn't be hurt by that, it is life and it happens to all of us. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong, or that they were unhappy with the date. It means that after they had time to think about it they didn't think that the relationship was likely to be something they wanted.

Third, I think these guys are being a little rude with the silent treatment. I will always respond to someone who I had a date with even if just to tell them I had a fun time with them.

Fourth, dating is emotional for men (as I suspect it is for women). It is common for me that I have a great time with a woman on the date, but then the next day I don't think that pursuing a relationship is a good idea. Generally if I tell a woman that I would like to see them again while I am on a date, I am really sure that I would like to see them again (and I will ask them out again). But emotions are a funny thing and sometimes emotions on a date don't turn into anything.

I hope this is a little helpful. Dating is complicated.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:07 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree with max that not responding is not called for.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

@maxdancona,
I agree with Max too, but it doesn't count.
0 Replies

chai2

@SunnyOne78,
SunnyOne78 wrote:

I agree. But if he was simply being polite for an easy way out, then why hold my hand, or make an attempt to kiss me goodnight? Someone trying to be polite or had no intent to go on a second date, you would think they wouldn't make those moves.

"They were just being polite, or were thinking it was an easy way out."

There's really nothing more to say.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:11 pm
@SunnyOne78,
SunnyOne78 wrote:

I agree. But if he was simply being polite for an easy way out, then why hold my hand, or make an attempt to kiss me goodnight?

Try? They made an attempt to kiss you good night? Sounds like they tried and failed. What was the question, again?
SunnyOne78

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Max,

Thank you for your insight. That's all I wanted. Not the unnecessary sarcasm from others in this string.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:15 pm
@roger,
Bing! Bing! Bing!
0 Replies

SunnyOne78

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:20 pm
@roger,
I think it was mutual nerves. It wasn't that he tried and failed. We were both nervous, that's all.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:20 pm
@roger,

Quote:
You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by
And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you"
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by
Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate
Woman needs man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny
it's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by
SunnyOne78

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:22 pm
@maxdancona,
That's great!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:44 pm
Where is Slappy Doo Hoo when you need him?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:12 pm
All of the above, this is one sharp crowd! :-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Men. Please answer this question.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:25:00