I am devastated. Could use advice/thoughts please!

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 08:52 pm
This is so humiliating, so to get it out of the way...have any of you dealt with an emotionally unstable child of your widow/er? Unstable to the point of violent?
Never in my wildest of dreams was I prepared for what happened this morning. Violence has never been a part of my world!
His 24 year old daughter "Amy"has been living off of her father, well...always. She works, makes decent money, but instead of using it to live on her own, she spends it on expensive make-up, getting drunk, ordering clothes etc. After 3 years of dating, he asked me to move in this past June. He told "Amy" that it was time for her to stand on her own two feet and she seemed excited.
I lost my mother to cancer when I was 10, so I was able to connect with "A" and his 10 year old. Anyway, I think that she resented me the day that I moved in. She has never been the same.
She sent me a disgusting text out of nowhere. She called me horrible names, said horrible things that were not true, etc. I showed her dad the text AND my reply so he see's the dynamic and how I don't sink to her level. He said she has depression "problems".
This morning, as I am bringing "Lulu" to school, "A" walks in and says something nasty under her breath to me. Uhhhh, what about a nice hello to her little sister?
After I dropped "L" off at school, I called her dad and told him who showed up and if he would stay on the phone with me if she was still there. The second I walked in the door she jumped me. Yes, jumped me.
She bit me twice (one left a huge mark on my back), repeatedly punched me in the face, head , chest, banged my head on the floor over and over, against the wall over and over and then started choking me with her knee on my chest and her hand around my neck. Next thing I know I am running for my cell phone, locked myself in the bathroom and dialed 911. I think I may have blacked out before I ran for my phone.
100% true...AND I am a nice woman! Kind, loving, nice to everyone...
He called while the police were over and when I told him what happened and that the police were here, he said "you called the police?". He said it like I did something wrong. I told him yes and that I am in the middle of filing a police report. The police said that in 20 years they have never seen somebody get bit unless they were on drugs. She really wasn't. She was on her way to work...get this ladies and gents- at a Day Care center. There is a warrant out for her arrest now.
This is the advice part as I am seriously re-thinking this relationship.
He came home right away but seemed more annoyed than concerned. I was REALLY hurting everywhere, the bite mark was huge and red but he seemed to be worried about "A". I asked him why isn't he angrier about what she has done. He replied "she is still my daughter, you don't have your own kids so you don't know the feeling".
I think he is discrediting the abuse that I went through.
If you stuck with me (I thank you!!!), do you think he is being insensitive?
He wouldn't even bring me to the hospital....
This is tearing me apart
Thank you

roger

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 09:01 pm
@TigerLilly007,
Insensitive? He's practically her accomplice. I very seriously suggest you get out of there. If you can't take everything that belongs to right now, bring a friend when you come back for it, because I don't think you are safe with either of them while alone.

I am surprised it has taken since June for this to come to a head.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:43 am
@TigerLilly007,
Leave. Now. Pack your things and go.

This situation is awful and it is not going to improve.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:13 am
You are in the lion's den. No wonder you got scratched.

Get out now.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:03 pm
@TigerLilly007,
Lilly you might get a few more hits if you were to hit a 2d (?) return 'tween paras. Even a tab at the start of each helps, don't know why.

The intro para's a good idea tho I'd'o'v added a few details encouraging the Lazy Slob (me) to read on.

But if you read other of my postings, any apparent shortcuts are for the most obvious reason....

Incidentally I'd have a Profile, were I you. However most don't.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am devastated. Could use advice/thoughts please!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:41:34