Examples of police not doing harm, but endeavoring to help

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 04:59 pm
http://www.sfexaminer.com/half-naked-man-bites-officers-face-attempts-gouge-eye/
By Jonah Owen Lamb, September 15, 2016

A clip -
A half-clothed man claiming to have hepatitis C bit a San Francisco police officer in the face and tried to gouge out his eye earlier this month, according to the department and a high ranking officer.

The officer, whose name has not been released, was responding to reports of a naked man in the street in the Mission District who was chasing passersby and had even thrown a branch at one of them.

When the officer arrived on the scene Sept. 9th at 6:30 a.m. he found a partially nude Robert Mathew Kaplan, 26, who was talking to himself near the intersection of 25th and Dolores streets.

Within minutes the officer called over the radio that he’d gotten into a fight with the suspect. Even after three more officers on scene Kaplan was still struggling so much they had trouble handcuffing him.

The injured officer was not only bit on the cheek and a wounded in his right eye, but was also cut on his hands and arms.

Kaplan, who is a San Diego resident, has been charged with felony battery on a peace officer, felony battery causing serious bodily injury, felony assault with a deadly weapon, felony vandalism, felony aggravated mayhem and obstructing and resisting a peace officer.

Kaplan remains in custody on a $150,000 bond.

end/clip

I didn't clip the assailant's photo or the insert with places to inquire about hepatitis (not sure anyway if that was an ad). This is a little close to home, in that I stayed over in the Mission district several times, as a long time friend lived there. I liked the district.

Note, I'm a Black Lives Matter person, think some of the problems are endemic to varied police training and station culture, but I do know there are sometimes wise/helpful police out there, who should be noticed.

Add examples you know or have read about..

I am also hoping that the usual a2k fights don't go on - this thread is not meant for that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 426 • Replies: 2
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 05:03 pm
Without a doubt there are good officers out there. It's a shame they get tarred by the actions of the bad ones.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 11:34 am
Another example, in today's news:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/17/man-24-surprises-ohio-cop-who-saved-him-from-drowning-nearly-20-years-ago.html

That policeman was a rookie at the time. Quite a story..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Examples of police not doing harm, but endeavoring to help
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:09:12