Could anyone of you please advise what's happening with my marriage?

apuviki

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 03:52 am
@glitterbag,
Yes, they have my jewellery and silver items that were given by my parents for the wedding. My husband is on his H1B visa in the US. His i140 is even NOT approved yet, and I believe he has filed for it with his present employer. I went to the US on a H4 dependent visa.
0 Replies

apuviki

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 04:14 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you very much for advising me on this. I will probably check with the US embassy in India on this. I'm in India at the moment at my parents place. My husband phoned me today and asked when am I returning to the US and if I have initiated the rent for next month. Just a day before he said he doesn't like me in anyway and regrets marrying me. And today he asks when I'm returning. I seriously don't understand why his intentions/ emotions are very unstable. He said he asked me bcz when he went out with his friends in the evening, everybody inquired about my return.

He openly said that "I have nothing for you but if you want this marriage to work, then you take up the initiative to come back, learn to be submissive and behave like a docile wife". I spent 35 days with him in the US, so I asked him is there at least one quality that you think you like in me? He rudely said no. He went on to say that he expected for a partner who will be better to his ex in every way and he claims that I'm no close to her in any way and this is why he hates me. His reasons to claim that she is better bcz she is very rich, she has a full time job in the US, looks very slim and toned where in I am not in any case.

He says there is no wrong in comparing and he argues that it's common in the west. He accuses me that i'm behaving a typical indian and not finding it healthy. As most of you in here are from the west, could you please say if that's the case? I do have friends from the UK, Australia but I don't see any of their partners comparing them with the other woman.

He seems to strongly believe that I'm no good when compared to his ex. Will a counselling help in this case? I'm trying every bit to save this marriage. He appeared to be a nice person in the beginning and now seems to run away strangely. Please advice, many many thanks.
saab

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 04:39 am
Get professional help in India to file for divorse as soon as possible.
Counseling will not help - he is a nasty person or maybe even sick plus supported by his mother
This marriage is no marriage in any way.
There is no reason whatsoever to try to save this marriage.
All he wants he a SLAVE.
Do not give him any money, do not return to USA, do not get close to him.
You do not know what he will do to you. When reading news papers one gets the impression there is little respect for women in India. And he seems to be one of those who has no respect at all.
In the west we do not compare parteners like he does. It would certainly not be concidered the right things to do.
It seems like almost daily women in India get acid in their faces because they do no do what a man tells them.
Hang up when he calls you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 08:45 am
@apuviki,
apuviki wrote:
He says there is no wrong in comparing and he argues that it's common in the west. He accuses me that i'm behaving a typical indian and not finding it healthy.

he is lying to you

it seems that he really doesn't like you and is taking out his anger about having to be in an arranged marriage on you

that is not fair to you

find out how you can safely leave the marriage

I would not recommend returning to the US , near him, under any circumstances
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 06:38 pm
@apuviki,
You ignoring most of the advice you've gotten and just carry on about his behavior and how he wants money from you. Either you act now and get a divorce from him or you'll suffer the consequences.

As ehbeth said, he clearly does not love you - he wants that you pay rent and be his servant. If that's what you want then go back to the U.S. and be he servant and pay for the bills.

If you truly want to change your life, then divorce this sorry excuse of a man.
It doesn't help if you write extensively of his shortcomings, we've got that already in your first post. Now is the time to act !
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 09:08 pm
@apuviki,
Only a very stupid man would tell his wife that he finds his mistress superior. A wife's divorce lawyer would be thrilled to have such a confession. The man you married sounds unbalanced, I don't mean love sick over this tramp but seriously disturbed and very possibly a danger to you. This past year where I live an Indian man stabbed his wife to death over a dispute. He fled and our authorities can't find him, they suspect he is back with his family in India. So keep yourself safe.

I'm a lot older than you are, but I remember how seriously I took my marriage vows when I married my first husband. It was very confusing, I could never understand what I did to receive such bad treatment. His abuse moved steadily along but it took 3 years before I could comprehend my life and my child's life were in jeopardy.

This man is lying to you, he hopes you believe the US is full of terrible people, and he isolates you so you don't learn differently. We might not be a nation of sweethearts, but we don't want women exploited like this man is trying to exploit you.

I know this is new for you, and you can't view this situation with my old eyes. So take your time, talk to people who will listen, and please take care of yourself. I wish you well.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 09:02:41