Who would you want to hang out with?

eoe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 07:45 am
James Baldwin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:22 am
Baldwin's a good choice. Actually all the choices I have seen so far would be great.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
James Baldwin would certainly be intimidating, but so worth the total feeling of insecurity while in his company.

I would love to simply observe a visit between Deb and Robin Williams (on cocaine). It would be too fast for more than the two paricipants, but what a ride!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:32 am
Jessica Alba.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:53 am
hmmm. i wonder why/how jessica alba?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:18 am
BBB
Michael Harrington (I've missed our conversations so much since he died) to refresh my hopes for America; and Eugene Debbs (whom I never met) to remind me why I still battle on.

For a few laughs, I'd enjoy an evening with cartoonists Wiley Miller (Nonsequitur) and Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury).

A little Wes Montgomery jazz playing softly in the background wouldn't hurt. A Mahler symphony would also be lovely accompanied with a glass of chilled French White burgundy along with Bruschetta topped with tomatoes from my garden.

BBB
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 11:28 am
Dave Chapelle

I'd like to roll up some fat doobies (something I haven't done for about twenty years), and go on a club-hopping, driving through DC kinda completely irresponsible joyride.

Maybe, we could pick up Slappy. And Timber. And Eddie Izzard...

Sarcasm, drugs, silliness. Irresponsibility! I remember that!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
James Baldwin is an interesting choice, eoe, and I'm curious as to why you chose him, if you care to elaborate.

Jessica Alba is gorgeous, Dave Chapelle is hilarious, so those choices stand on their own.

Very interesting, BBB - I've been doing a bit of reading about Michael Harrington as I didn't know who you were speaking of. Those must have been interesting conversations!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 07:21 pm
nimh wrote:
My baby

I have a terrible habit of squooshing beautiful riffy stuff with literalism, so feel free not to respond, but do you mean a former love, an as-of-yet-not-met love, an actual baby that you have out there somewhere (!), or an as-of-yet-not conceived actual baby?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 07:23 pm
Why do I feel like I know who he means...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 07:38 pm
James Baldwin was a brilliant, outrageous, take-no-prisoners type of diva and I would love to have had the chance to sit at a dinner table and listen to him riff on this and that, preferably in Paris, where he was most comfortable. I saw a tape of Baldwin on the Dick Cavett Show many years ago, in b&w. I don't know who the poor soul was who had dared to question him on his patriotism to America but oh my Lord did he READ that man. You didn't want to be on the downside of a read by Baldwin. He'd eat your ass up and spit you out, and so eloquently, you didn't even know you'd been cussed out.
I've always admired that.
And of course, he was brilliant.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:16 pm
I would SOOO be rockin' on the porch with Edgar and Mr. Carter, cold glass of southern sweet tea in hand.

If you gave me a second day, I'd head up the Appalachians for some time with Dolly Parton.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:20 pm
Me n Jimmy could swing hammers and cut boards for a few days. We're both handy that way. My only worry, the old guy might outwork me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:23 pm
Bear would hang with David Lee Roth, Rob Halford and Anna Nicole Smith.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:41 pm
Hey, squinney...you think you & Dolly could stand some company? Now, that sounds like a truly great day...three of us Southern gals riding around, laughing and telling stories....

I'd also like to spend a day with Garrison Keillor. Or maybe just listening to Garrison Keillor.

A day with George Clooney couldn't be bad, either. Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:50 pm
I would like to visit with Dolly also. I like some of her songs and she has a great personality.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:07 am
So, after we build a house (I get dibs on painting) we'll head over to Dolly World.

Dolly been an inspiration to me since childhood. I love her spirit.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:11 am
and her tits.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:41 am
Tits? I hadn't noticed.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:04 am
probably distracted by her great ass....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:58:19