Found a condom hiding on the cupboard. Is he cheating? HELP I don't know what to do.

Aiya

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 11:38 am
Im living wth my boyfriend for a year now and been together for more than 2 years. I found a box of condom half empty in our cupboard and asked him. He first told me it's been there way before we met but checked the expiry it says 2019. Checked the manufacturer it started that it was manufactured 4-5 years before the expiry. He then said it's from his cousin who borrowed his car and left it there. He can't remember when it was. He's not normally lying and I can't believe he can cheat on me. Or am I only exaggerating things or stupid to believe him?! Please please... can anyone HELP ME! I'm desperate. I'm actually packing my things up and ready to leave!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 509 • Replies: 17

contrex

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:00 pm
His cousin left a box of johnnies in his car and he took them out of the car and put them in the cupboard? Why? To use with you?

Whatever, the real issue is whether you trust him or not. if you don't (you called the manufacturer?), then leave.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:12 pm
@Aiya,
If you don't trust him, leave. It will be better for both of you.

It's really that simple.

No need to ask other people about it.
Aiya

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:17 pm
@contrex,
We never use a condom. It's the first time it happened and never in my gut instinct that he will cheat. You're absolutely right. It's the trust that matter. Thank you for the reply.
0 Replies

Aiya

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you ehBeth. It's the first time that happened and I really appreciate all who can help.. but you're right. Just trust him or leave.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:44 pm
Can you do math?

The condoms were produced 4 or 5 years ago.

You've been together with him for 2.

I don't know or care if he's been cheating or not, but how can you not see those condoms could have been sitting up there years beofe you met him? He could have used the half a box long before you knew him.

Could very well have been put up there and forgotten.

I went through menopause 10 years ago, and just the other day found an opened old box of tampons in a drawer. It was next to some mascara that hadn't been opened, and I haven't put makeup on in 5 years. I'd hate for my husband to find that and ask me why I had it. How the hell do I know, it's just there.

chai2

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:52 pm
@chai2,
Ah! Just thought of something funny.

My husband had a vasectomy Long before we met, so never a need for other birth control.

One days I'm sure more than 10 or 12 years ago, he came up to me and said "What's this?" holding something out to me.

I looked and said "Condoms. Why do you have them?"

He said he found them in a drawer under the coffee table. I told him I frankly had no idea. He looked at me oddly for a few moments. I asked him when did I ever have time to have sex with someone else when I was either at work or at home, or somewhere with him. He agreed.

Absolutley no idea. One of those great mysteries of life. Haven't thought about that for years.

Thanks for the memories.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 01:10 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Can you do math?

the condoms were produced 4 or 5 years before 2019
contrex

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 01:38 pm
EhBeth is right, however I think it doesn't matter if the condoms were made in the time of President Coolidge, or last week. What matters is that the lady clearly does not trust her byfriend.
0 Replies

Tiger81

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 01:58 pm
@Aiya,
He changed his story because he is lying.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 02:00 pm
@Aiya,
Just think about how bad you would feel if you hadn't found a condom in the cupboard.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 02:23 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

chai2 wrote:

Can you do math?

the condoms were produced 4 or 5 years before 2019

ok sorry, I didn't do the math.

Still, that would be around the time they met. Who was he shagging then?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 02:24 pm
@Tiger81,
Tiger81 wrote:

He changed his story because he is lying.

Or because she kept grilling him since she didn't like his first story.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 05:05 am
It seems he would hide them better or buy single condoms for cheating. Something he could purchase and leave behind wherever like travel size items.

The fact that he is using condoms shows a bit of caution.

Give him another chance and watch him like a hawk. It is not fair to punish someone for telling the truth. Or at least half-truth, maybe they were his and he fibbed about them so as not to appear like a slut or maybe he and his cousin were getting it on. Smile

I think you need more to go on so if you like being with him until there is something more conclusive maybe let him off the hook but keep an eye on him.

His actions will let you know if he is diddling on the side and watch out for that cousin of his either way he is probably a bad influence.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 05:23 am
@TheCobbler,
Ask him to get tested "together" for STDs, all the major ones and vaccines too. See what he thinks of that idea. This is often a good way to seal in a relationship, though not foolproof. The thought of repeating the process for an affair seems less of a possibility.
contrex

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 05:44 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
This is often a good way to seal in a relationship

Makes it sound like a vacuum packed piece of fish.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 09:07 am
@contrex,
If that is the way you view love as amphibians that is your prerogative.

Chlamydia, herpes, AIDS virus... STDs are quite serious and not at all a contentious joke.

"Sealing in" sounds like condom use to me, I think the description is aptly used..
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 11:49 am
I thought you meant asking someone to have an STD test would be a way of testing their committment and kind of putting a sealed wrapper around the relationship, metaphorically speaking.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Found a condom hiding on the cupboard. Is he cheating? HELP I don't know what to do.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 04:57:22