Hey, I've lost track. How many Joes are on A2K? Too many?

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:29 am
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General News to General (thanks, Thok)

Joefromchicago
joebialek
me

and there like six or seven more right?

Shouldn't there be like a moratorium on the really cool names?

Joe is the coolest name, of course. It defines both the common, solid nature of man, yet hints at the more regal Joseph.

Joe, GI Joe, Joe Sixpack---- the regular guy down the street --that's a Joe, not a John, not an anonymous John Doe, but the much more friendly, Joe Dokes.

I, of course, have combined both the majesty of the word NATION with the humble Joe providing the reader with a powerful combination of strength and humility, though I am at times a little short on the second virtue. (I say that only to be both humble and virtuous. Hey, I'm good!)

But I want to stop the proliferation (Hey, that word has prolife in it) of the name Joe on this site. Greater use will only confuse people and lead to a lessening of the name's greatness. So now let's vote.

Joe (good to his mother) Nation

PS Don't nobody bring up Joe Stalin less you want a fat lip!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,058 • Replies: 67
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:31 am
There go my plans on changing my screen name to Joe-Joe, the clown-faced boy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:33 am
well there is Joe Palooka:
http://www.plumblibrary.org/images/joe%20palooka.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:35 am
I loved reading Palooka in the funny papers, but he was never funny.

Joe
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:38 am
he was a serious kinda guy BAM BLAM BAM, not one of your "comic" heroes. A "real" american" in our time of need, Blond, blue-eyed, and deadly serious. Always ready to kick some nazi butt. He was no namby-pampy kinda guy.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:39 am
Moderator(s),please move this to "General".

But still a good thread. :-) Nevertheless,you have omnipresent names. Joe, of course a widespread name. Nation, also to associate with folk, state. So, there is no way to get exclusive right of use. ;-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:06 am
Thanks, Thok. I know I cannot have an exclusive, but I can dream can't I?

Wasn't there a Joe in the Al Capp cartoons? Joe something unpronouncalbe?? I'm going to go look>

Joe (the original, but not the only) Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:10 am
Joe Btfsplk

pronounced Phhhhhhhsssssssssst.

the jink.

Not me.

I am

Joe (the next Mighty Joe Young) Nation
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:15 am
Just get rid of the GI Joe wannabes and I'll be happy.........
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:16 am
may i call you joey?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:17 am
I was thinking of changing my name to "Irregular Joe".......cause I don't give a ****......
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:18 am
If all Joes where gathered, would that be a Joenated nations?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:37 am
Quote:
I was thinking of changing my name to "Irregular Joe".......cause I don't give a ****......

With all due respect, and as you know that ain't much, the condition of irregularity is much less a matter of choice and more a matter of inability.

So if you can't give a ****, I understand, if you don't but have the ability to, then that's a matter of free choice. Irregular Joe sounds to me like someone who gives a **** but only occasionally and not always at the right time.

Still love you though,

Joe( deep thinking done on the jon) Nation
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:38 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:

With all due respect, and as you know that ain't much, the condition of irregularity is much less a matter of choice and more a matter of inability.

So if you can't give a ****, I understand, if you don't but have the ability to, then that's a matter of free choice. Irregular Joe sounds to me like someone who gives a **** but only occasionally and not always at the right time.

Still love you though,

Joe( deep thinking done on the jon) Nation

You're on the crapper with yur laptop right now aren't you? :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:39 am
Deep thoughtsssss.

Huh?

WHo's there?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:52 am
All I can think of is an old song (Joe Jackson [!] covered it) called "Five Guys Named Moe". Just change one letter, and I think you've got a theme song. Miss Letty will probably know it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:56 am
Quote:
You're on the crapper with yur laptop right now aren't you?

I think that some Ph.D student should do a study on, "Great Ideas that Emanated from the Crapper". I would bet that some of the most important, ideas, inventions and the like germinated when some poor soul was attempting valiantly to empty his bowels.

Which leads to another question. Is there a correlation between anal-retentiveness, and great thought? In other words, if you are on the crapper for a longer period of time than the norm, is there a higher statistical probability that you will come up with an original idea that will change the course of mankind?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:08 am
I am starting another thread about the crapper....the poop and fart stuff seems to be what really gets us going.......polarizes us....no pun intended
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:45 am
Phoenix: It's called Eureka thinking by some, Asinov for one. Problem solutions arrive in moments when we are not fully concentrating on them. It's when we distract ourselves with some not-too-complicated endeavor, and I think taking a dump qualifies for most humans, the brain is able to fire across a few more million snyapses and Eureka!

Sometimes a great notion starts with intestinal motion.

Joe (Hey, I've got it! The doctor's son is an only child because.. No, wait.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:11 pm
Ah, yes. The third and fourth steps in The Creative Process. I've given this lecture so many times I know it by heart.

Step 1: Gathering Information
Step 2: Synthesizing (Combining Information in Different Ways)
Step 3: Escape (my favorite step!)
Step 4: Eureka! The Solution Presents Itself

Too many people think they're not creative because they expect to jump directly to Step 4 without going through the first three. Or they expect to find creative solutions in Step 2. (You can find the solution there sometimes, but it's not truly creative, it's a rehash of given solutions.)

So the next time someone catches you staring off into space, or enjoying a cold beer when you're supposed to be working, just tell 'em not to interrupt you...you're on the verge of a creative breakthrough. Wink Cool
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hey, I've lost track. How many Joes are on A2K? Too many?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 03:02:51