Relationship Advice, help needed please

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:23 pm
This is honestly going to be long enough for a rant. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two months now. The first couple of weeks before "making it official", were honestly the best. I know all couples go through the cupcake phase, but it wasn't like any other cupcake phase I've ever been through. I am a hopeless romantic that can never get enough. I love to hold hands, sing in the car as loud as I can, and just do stupid things all the time to get people to laugh. My boyfriend, however, is quite the opposite, and it is kind of discouraging to me. We both are in nursing school, which we attend at different colleges. We have ALL sorts of things in common: we both like cars, scary movies, medical talk, etc. After the assumed cupcake phase was over a couple weeks into our relationship, it was like a switch. He rarely wants to kiss me, touch me, or be any type of 'intimate' with me. We basically live together. I know that could be a strain on a new relationship, and I know I can be clingy sometimes, but I honestly don't know if I am wasting my time with this guy or not. I do all kinds of things for him: I buy him flowers, stick notes in his pocket for when he goes to work, I text him sweet messages, when we are together I constantly try to show my love and affection towards him, yet he never does any of this back for/to me. We had a fight the other night about him never wanting to show any kind of affection, and him constantly being on his cellphone (which by the way he says he is never on it, which is a COMPLETE LIE), and he said that since we are basically always together that it doesn't matter what he does, and that he is here with me and that should be all that matters. I agree with him, saying that he IS always here, but I feel like we are just friends with benefits. Nothing relationship material is here. I do and do and do for him, but I never get anything in return. I just need help in every aspect of this relationship. Please someone, help me out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 06:12 am
@tytystewstew,
It's uneven.

Either do less or do nothing at all (e. g. leave). I doubt he's going to meet you halfway or try, but you can always sit down and have a heart to heart with him and ask.
0 Replies