Just started a new job.....

Heeven

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 04:32 am
This happened recently where I work.
Several co-workers and myself went out to lunch. I happened to be looking at a menu I printed from the restaurant website before the lunch when another co-worker saw it and asked when I was going. I told her. She asked why she had not been invited and I told her I did not organize it. I do know that the person organizing the lunch was given a gift voucher for the restaurant and invited specific people. I also know that the organizer does not like this particular girl, although I do like her. It was not my place to invite her since a lot of the lunch would be paid via the gift voucher.
We have had a couple of other lunches where this girl was not invited and she is beginning to notice. I do feel bad. I know I would not specifically leave her out if I was organizing these get-togethers and brought it up with the group. I was told that two of the group don't like her and don't want to go to lunch with her as she monopolises the conversation. She does happen to talk a lot about herself and her accomplishments, rich boyfriend, etc. And she is a lot younger than most of our group. I don't want to tell her she is disliked by a couple of people. That would hurt her feelings. She finds out about the lunches when one of the group (who does like her and does not know about the twobthat don't like her) tells her about the lunch get-togethers.
I have a feeling this is going to come to a head and that I will be the one forced to tell her and I dread it.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 05:48 am
@Heeven,
Heeven, good to see you - you're looking well in your avatar.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 05:22 pm
@Heeven,
Heeven wrote:

I have a feeling this is going to come to a head and that I will be the one forced to tell her and I dread it.

You don't have to be the one to say anything Heeven. If you tell her, it would be of your own free will, and you wouldn't be forced in any way.

I'd just keep well away from this. Not your circus, not your monkey.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 05:36 pm
@Heeven,
Looking good, Heeven. I think of you whenever I see an emu, or whatever it is.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 04:19 pm
Hey guys. Long time, no post. Was lurking and found this post, similar to a recent situation. I've missed you all!
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 04:27 pm
@Heeven,
I've long missed you. Get back in here and talk (not to push).

Meantime, your emu hairdo is holding up remarkably well..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 06:40 pm
@Heeven,
What happened to you these past 6 years? We were chopped liver to you.....
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 06:44 pm
Sorry babes. Got busy with stuff and fell off the face of the earth! Missed my pals and wondered if you were all still around so I hopped back on for a look-see.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 06:48 pm
@Heeven,
Make sure you have a steady seat this time, and stick around for awhile.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:01:48