neighbour downstairs

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 11:03 am
Hi, I'm looking an opinion regarding a situation I have with my female downstairs neighbour who i have hardly even spoken to.

One morning I was walking along the road outside the apartment block on my way to work when she tooted her horn at me as she drove past. I hardly know her.

Then a month or so later i left my apartment one morning to go to work, i walked down the stairs and after i had just walked past her door she opened up her door and followed me right behind.

Now i notice she has changed her route to work in the mornings. She now drives up the main road i walk to work and now drives past me nearly everyday.

I leave for work at the same time everyday.

Do you think these are just coincidences or not.

Thanks

Sturgis

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 12:00 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 01:04 pm
@rmclean2,
Yes.

I'll add that I have several neighbors that I nod to when I happen to see them. No relationship implied.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 01:23 pm
She is behaving exactly like a neighbour. Nothing more. Be careful you do not end up in trouble by misinterpreting simple amiability.
0 Replies

rmclean2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 01:41 pm
@rmclean2,
Thanks for your response guy's. It's strange that she only beeped that one time and never since but you guy's are right. Thanks again.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 01:43 pm
omg guys! it's a situation

two people going to work on the same day!

the exact same day!

Chic - Le Freak (Freak Out) A OLD SCHOOL CLASSIC

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 02:34 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

omg guys! it's a situation

Here's THE Situation

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 02:38 pm
@rmclean2,
rmclean2 wrote:

It's strange that she only beeped that one time and never since

If you think this is strange, you're going to be in for a lot of shocks during your lifetime.

Sometime? I have a 2nd cup of coffee when I get up. Then, at times I won't even finish it. Madcap me.

Weird I know, but I like to live life on the edge. Sounds like she does too.
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 09:55 pm
@chai2,
You're a madwoman! You don't even finish it? Have you thought about counseling?
0 Replies

rmclean2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 10:41 pm
@rmclean2,
Cheers everyone. I never go to work without at least one cappuccino. My job's very difficult and one where i work closely with the police and the law. That's why I'm being a bit paranoid about thinking my neighbour is following me there.
roger

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 10:44 pm
@rmclean2,
Well yeah, there is that. Maybe she thinks you work at a different place every day. That would explain why she has to follow you so often.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 07:02 am
@rmclean2,
Maybe she didn't beep again because you didn't wave or acknowledge her.

Maybe she doesn't notice you each time she drives by you - and just happened to that one time?

You are neighbors so it is very likely that you run into each other frequently. I would consider it a coincidence unless she actually engages you in a bit deeper conversation than a mere nod, hi or simple beep of the horn.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:45 am
When they intercept every friend that comes to visit you, then it is a problem.

Are you going up to see so-and-so? Why?

Smile
0 Replies

rmclean2

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:17 am
Hi guy's, me and some of my work colleagues regularly go to a bakery in the city centre for a lunchtime sandwich. About two weeks ago we were in when the neighbour downstairs walked in. I considered this a coincidence, but then the other day we were in again and the downstairs neighbour walked in again. Seriously freaked out now.
contrex

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:27 am
@rmclean2,
rmclean2 wrote:
Seriously freaked out now.

No reason to be freaked out. You live in the same city, and in the same house (so you are to a certain extent socially similar possibly). Maybe you even like the same sort of sandwich. Big deal. These things happen. I see my next door neighbour on buses, and in supermarkets several miles away from our street. So what?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:34 am
@rmclean2,
What's the big deal? I live in a city of over 3 million people and I sometimes run into people I know - far away from the place I normally see them.

I've travelled to New York and run into people I know there.

Travelling back from Europe once, a friend of the family randomly ended up being in the same row on the plane.

It's no big deal.

Now I'll admit I thought it was a bit weird to run into a friend's ex-husband on the subway. He was on a two-day visit from another continent.

__

Do you ever say anything to your neighbour when you see her? you might find out you have a lot in common - and that's why you end up in the same spots occasionally.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:00 am
My sister knows a married couple who went on a vacation in Egypt in the 1960s. They rented a car which broke down in a rural location. They waited an hour and then a car appeared. They flagged it down and found it was occupied by their next-door neighbours in London, who they did not know were in Egypt, or vice-versa.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:09 am
We probably pass by hundreds of people that are closely connected to us in some way e.g. by being neighbours or whatever but because we don't know them, they don't stand out. Hower the ones we recognize do stick out and we think it's some kind of special event.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » neighbour downstairs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 11:32:17