Who Were You in a Former Cyberlife?

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:19 am
Many members on A2K have interacted before, on Abuzz (may she rest in peace), Raven's Realm, etc. Very often I have seen a member write, "On such and such, I was known as,..................."

Now all these little tidbits are spread around A2K. Why not list, if you want, your former cybernames here, so we can keep things straight in our own minds?

BTW, I have always been Phoenix32890, although for a very short time, on Abuzz, I was known as Ducky1.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 879 • Replies: 19
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:23 am
cavfancier has always been my 'net handle. I never flinch from just being me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:28 am
For a short time I posted on Abuzz as eyesofgold.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:42 am
I was also "Jim" on Abuzz. Our ISP blocked Abuzz about a year ago, so I wasn't able to post there to the bitter end.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:03 am
Letty then; Letty now (brief time as Mollie). Jim, your ISP blocked Abuzz? Shocked
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:10 am
When I first joined Abuzz I called myself Old and Bitter. After a very short time I realized I was a rank amateur at bitterness and felt I needed a change of name.

Bi-Polar Bear was something I plucked out of thin air and although it gave many great pleasure to talk about it, I am neither a bi-sexual nor do I suffer from Bi-Polar disorder that I'm aware of.

I suppose to be completely accurate I should have named myself Don't Give A **** Bear or perhaps Wise Ass Bear, but Bi-Polar Bear has stuck......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:15 am
BPB, strangely enough, on the sadly missed cartoon 'The Tick', there was a superhero called 'Bi-Polar Bear.' From one of The Tick sites:

Bi-Polar Bear

Bi-Polar Bear is a superhero with bi-polar disorder. His first appearance is when he shouts "This looks like a job for Bi-Polar Bear! But I just can't get out of bed this month..." He is an amusing character, but he doesn't appear often enough.

Laughing I know you don't have bi-polar disorder, but man...you would still be getting residuals had you patented the name.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:16 am
http://www.thetick.ws/tvheroes.html Damn funny show it was...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:35 am
I learned later there is also a Bi-Polar Bear on the cartoon queer duck who is very bi-sexual.........
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:36 am
Hmm, we don't get that cartoon in the frozen north.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:02 am
Letty - we get the Internet through the Company I work for. They're a strange bunch - you never know what is going to offend them. Yesterday I did an Internet search for the heat capacity of triethylene glycol for a calculation I was doing. When I clicked on one promising link I got the message that it was blocked since it was a "racism and hate site". Only later did I find out that www.bgu.ac.il/chem_eng/thermo_lin/vapor_pressure_files/sheet132.html was Ben Gurion University in that country to the northwest of us that doesn't exist.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:19 am
My, word, Jim. I did the same type thing once when comparing Lincoln to George Washington. JoeFromChicago pointed out to me that it was a white supremest site. Duh!

Ben Gurion University? What th.....
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:52 am
Previously known as "SoccerGeorge."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:55 am
Resisting the urge to say furry soccer. Razz
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:52 am
...increasingly furry as we move into autumn...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:57 am
Let's see, in ancient Rome I was an important senator, but stayed away from the conspiracy that did in Caesar. During the Dark Ages, I led a tribal group but we were done in by disease and hunger. I fought for the losing side in the Crusades then roved as a buccaneer. Took part in guerilla efforts during the American revolution and learned to surf in Hawaii when it was still a kingdom.

What was the question again?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:03 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:17 am
Forget about cyberlife. I was Shirley MacLaine in a former real life...imagine living with that trauma!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:24 pm
Quote:
I was Shirley MacLaine in a former real life...imagine living with that trauma!

I'll drink to that! Drunk
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:27 pm
Laughing
0 Replies