7
   

Michelle Obama: Future Governor of _______; Senate of _________?

 
 
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:37 pm
There's a certain ... hankering... or a political daydream if you will consisting of Michelle Obama running for president in the not so near future. Set that aside for now. She would have to start at a lower position of government.

Where would be her ideal state to run for... say a gubernatorial bid? Or a US Senate race?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 967 • Replies: 14
No top replies

 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

She would have to start at a lower position of government.


Why? Trump didn't. Not that I accept being former first lady is a qualification, either.
ossobucotemp
 
  2  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:05 pm
I bet she works out a job that would be more to her interests, in a law firm or whatever takes her fancy now. If she is interested in politics (it's possible, even probable, she's well sick of it), she could start as local assembly woman and work up to secretary of state - of a state, state senator, etc.
tsarstepan
 
  2  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:25 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

She would have to start at a lower position of government.


Why? Trump didn't. Not that I accept being former first lady is a qualification, either.

I disdain Trump in so many ways. No one should follow his footsteps. I beleve some governmental experience is a must to qualify to hold the highest office in the United States.
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I bet she works out a job that would be more to her interests, in a law firm or whatever takes her fancy now. If she is interested in politics (it's possible, even probable, she's well sick of it), she could start as local assembly woman and work up to secretary of state - of a state, state senator, etc.

That feels too much like Michael Jordan trying to start his MLB career in the minor leagues. Or David Chang deciding to work the burger station (not even at a McDonald's) but an Arby's.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
I like Michelle. Of all the people in the news right now, she is one of the very top for me.
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:11 pm
I feel very confident that Michelle was very serious when she assured people several times over the years that she is not built for politics. I'm sure she will find other ways to satisfy any need she has to serve others.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
She's made it pretty clear she has no political ambitions and will enjoy some time out of the spotlight. Don't hold your breathe waiting for her political career.
ossobucotemp
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, I said it was possible or probable that she would not be interested in going into politics, and the rest of it was that if she did want to, which I doubt, she should start lower. That's my take.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 10:46 pm
@ossobucotemp,
If Michelle Obama were to ever run for political office, she would probably follow a path similar to former First Lady Hillary Clinton. The first lower office she would run for might be either a governor or U.S. senator. I can't see her running for anything lower than governor or U.S. senator. Then afterwards their could be plans for a presidential run. I don't believe she has any interest in running for any political office. You never know.
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 11:43 pm
@Real Music,
...and people would complain about oligarchs
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:17 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

She's made it pretty clear she has no political ambitions and will enjoy some time out of the spotlight. Don't hold your breathe waiting for her political career.

It's just a hypothetical pipe dream.
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:18 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I can't see her running for anything lower than governor or U.S. senator. Then afterwards their could be plans for a presidential run.

You summed up the title of this thread. My hypothetical question was on what state should she make a run for?
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 03:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Illinois of course.

Her hooks are in the corrupt Illinois Democrat Party than her husband's were when he began his race to the top.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
(Hypothetically)
Michelle and Barak could move to and reside in Hawaii or Illinois.

If they moved to Hawaii, she could run for the U.S. Senate or governor.
If they moved to Illinois, she could run for U.S. senate.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Michelle Obama: Future Governor of _______; Senate of _________?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/13/2020 at 06:15:56