Discount on Shoes

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:03 pm
Can you help me to get some discount on latest shoes as i am planning to buy shoes of latest design and trends?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:09 pm
@darrell0574,
Suggestion: Don't go for design and trends, but for comfort and good for the feet.
why are good supportive shoes important for our health; posture and safety.
Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:10 pm
These are the boots I wore through basic training. They are for sale here, but they don't have my size (size 12). They were the best walking shoes I've ever owned. The thing about the boots for sale at the link below is that they were actually manufactured in the 1970's when I was in basic training. If anyone knows where I can find a pair of these boots in a size 12, I would be eternally grateful (or until I die; whichever comes first). In fact, to show my appreciation, if I see you in a heated debate, I will enter that debate and will take your side even if you are in the wrong. And I will be the worst bastard that I can be. *

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Old-Style-Military-Combat-Boots-All-Black-100-Leather-U-S-Army-NOS/400521914980?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3Dcc502e23c6854422925e421d8fc5736f%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D191714500175

* I will not defend the virtues of pedophilia or bestiality.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:16 pm
@Glennn,
Thank for my good laugh for today. To get that kind of appreciation and dedication for a pair of shoes is beyond the heel.
I worked for Florsheim Shoes back in the sixties, and they made the best shoes in the US bar none. I still have several pairs that still looks new, because I rarely wore them.
As kids, we were very poor, and all our mother could afford for us were Gallen Kamp shoes. Before the month was over, we had holes in our soles, so we put cardboard in them.
Funny how things work out in life.
Florsheim are no longer made in the US. I now buy Rockport.

Most recent report on Florsheim that I could find:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/24/business/yourmoney/24shoe.html?_r=0
roger

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That tells me something. Florsheim, Rockport, and Doc Martin simply will not fit my foot. By the time I find a size with room for the toes, they are just way too loose in the heel area. I now stick to SAS for comfort and fit - not because they are still made in the US.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm prone to Florsheim, because they are the company that gave me the opportunities. After 3.5 years as a traveling Field Auditor in the seven western states, they promoted me to Audit Manager. We had to move to Chicago, so we built a beautiful brick and cedar home in Naperville (rated as the number one city in the US some years ago). After a few winters there, we were ready to return home to California to live with family and friends. I have worked in management for the remainder of my working career for two small companies in California with less than 100 employees, one as Director of Administration, and the other as Controller, and also did consulting work, but they were challenging and fun. I was also able to retire early.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We were poor too. I always had to wear the cheapest tennis shoes on the market. They wore out in no time at all. When they wore out, I was forced to wrap old shoeboxes around my feet and use binder twine to hold them on. I had to steal the binder twine off bales of hay from my neighbor's barn. Everybody laughed at my shoes. Did I ever mention that I also had to walk five miles to school through two feet of snow against the wind . . . uphill? Well I did. You need good shoeboxes for that kind of walk.

Then there was my winter coat. My dad drank up all the money, so when I needed a winter coat, my mom got this idea that if potholders kept the heat of really hot pans from burning your hands, then they would be good insulation from the cold as well. So she pulled out the boxes of really old stuff from the back of the closet and had enough old, dirty potholders to sew together to make me a winter coat. And just like everybody laughed at my cardboard shoes, they laughed at my coat--my coat of many potholder that mama made for me. And Dolly Parton thought she had it bad!

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:57 pm
@roger,
Quote:
By the time I find a size with room for the toes, they are just way too loose in the heel area.

Nothing to be ashamed of. My cousin has deformed toes too, and he holds his head high even at the pool.
roger

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:05 pm
@Glennn,
He goes to the pool? Wow! Just wow.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:09 pm
@Glennn,
I loved my boots in basic training. I heard all the stories of discomfort and blisters but I never had that trouble.

P.S. What's wrong with bestiality?
Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:11 pm
@roger,
Well . . . once. He went to the pool once. But the number of times isn't the important thing here.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:15 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I would kill for a pair of those boots today. Okay, I wouldn't kill for a pair, but I would maim. Or, I would engage in bestiality . . . for a minute.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:19 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
P.S. What's wrong with bestiality?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just won't defend it in a debate--makes me look bad.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:27 pm
@Glennn,
About seven years ago I went to an Army surplus store and bought a pair of those same boots they used to make back in the eighties, thinking they would be good for work, or just wearing everyday. They fit just fine, same size I used to wear back in the day. They were not comfortable. I'm older and more delicate now, I guess.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:37 pm
@Glennn,
Baaaa!
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:39 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Maybe you just had to break them in.

But it is true that our feet skin has been allowed to become . . . delicate in our old age. Oh man, we're really going to die before long, aren't we? I've been keeping that from myself, knowing how I worry.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:47 pm
@Glennn,
yeah, I put them on and soaked my feet in water, several times. Wore them to work (on my feet all day). I think I broke them in, or nearly. They're not awful, I can wear them, their just not as good as I remember. Either my nostalgia is too vigorous or my feet are just too delicate...
roger

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:53 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Feet do change over the years. By the way, how did your feet look after wearing wet boots all day? Better than the boots, I hope.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:05 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Probably some of both. Remember how sex used to be when we were young?

LOL
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think we've ever had sex...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Discount on Shoes
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:16:52