7

Do you enjoy being in a forest?

saab

1  
Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 11:55 pm
@Glennn,
Of course the dog was a threat for the elk mother.
But this calf was with all probality mentally retarded. She had been observed with the same calf for - I think two years - and the calf was rather helpless.
She started to attack golfers and they had to be shot at the end. Not the golfers the elks.
rubbywilliams

0  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:09 am
If there are no animals then it may be enjoyable.

1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:09 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I would have shot it at the head. The elk.

<snicker>
saab

2  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:37 am
@roger,
You can also shoot like our neighbourg did and end up in a tree.
Early in the morning still in his pyjamas he went out to shoot an elk.
The elk heard the click from the camera. chased the guy, who climbed a tree.
There he sat till the elk after what seemed a looong time decided to leave.

George

2  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 05:58 am
The Stoneham Elks are OK as long as they're sober.
Which isn't often.

Thomas33

1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 07:04 am
@rubbywilliams,
What if the animals aren't hostile? Or do you mean that the presence of any other species interferes with the ability to perceive nature?

3  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:31 am
@Thomas33,
Animals are part of nature.
Thomas33

1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:47 am
@chai2,
I know, but some of my own perceptions have been that other species interfere with an overall perception of nature. Trees may be no different from a spider, or a fox, but I've questioned whether the former has meaning that a spider and fox don't have.
Have you ever had such perception?
George

3  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:55 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:
. . . Have you ever had such perception?
Not since I stopped sniffing glue.

Real Music

1  
Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:46 am
@Thomas33,
What are your feelings toward nature? Trees, sunlight, the acres of green; do you enjoy being in the presence of these?

I often plan my vacations around nature. I love nature. Brightly colored birds and flowers. Beautiful lakes, rivers, and waterfalls. Majestic mountains. All kinds of animal wild life. When I'm around nature I feel a since of peace and tranquility. There's also a since of wonder and amazement of the visual images. The sounds of nature brings calmness. The sound of water flowing, birds chirping, the breeze blowing. I love nature just as long as I am not in any danger. I would not feel safe walking in a forest at night. I would not feel safe in areas where dangerous animals have access of harming me. I strongly support all efforts of preserving nature and all of it's beauty and wonders.

daisyfisher

-1  
Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 08:32 am
@Thomas33,
Yes... I like it . green nature and green forest are always good. But When you prefer Artificial plants , it's require low maintenance and No need of sunlight.