Do you enjoy being in a forest?

saab

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 11:55 pm
@Glennn,
Of course the dog was a threat for the elk mother.
But this calf was with all probality mentally retarded. She had been observed with the same calf for - I think two years - and the calf was rather helpless.
She started to attack golfers and they had to be shot at the end. Not the golfers the elks.
rubbywilliams

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:09 am
If there are no animals then it may be enjoyable.
roger

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:09 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

She started to attack golfers and they had to be shot at the end. Not the golfers the elks.

I would have shot it at the head. The elk.

<snicker>
saab

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:37 am
@roger,
You can also shoot like our neighbourg did and end up in a tree.
Early in the morning still in his pyjamas he went out to shoot an elk.
The elk heard the click from the camera. chased the guy, who climbed a tree.
There he sat till the elk after what seemed a looong time decided to leave.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 05:58 am
The Stoneham Elks are OK as long as they're sober.
Which isn't often.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 07:04 am
@rubbywilliams,
What if the animals aren't hostile? Or do you mean that the presence of any other species interferes with the ability to perceive nature?
chai2

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:31 am
@Thomas33,
Animals are part of nature.
Thomas33

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:47 am
@chai2,
I know, but some of my own perceptions have been that other species interfere with an overall perception of nature. Trees may be no different from a spider, or a fox, but I've questioned whether the former has meaning that a spider and fox don't have.
Have you ever had such perception?
George

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:55 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:
. . . Have you ever had such perception?
Not since I stopped sniffing glue.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:46 am
@Thomas33,
Quote:
What are your feelings toward nature? Trees, sunlight, the acres of green; do you enjoy being in the presence of these?

I often plan my vacations around nature. I love nature. Brightly colored birds and flowers. Beautiful lakes, rivers, and waterfalls. Majestic mountains. All kinds of animal wild life. When I'm around nature I feel a since of peace and tranquility. There's also a since of wonder and amazement of the visual images. The sounds of nature brings calmness. The sound of water flowing, birds chirping, the breeze blowing. I love nature just as long as I am not in any danger. I would not feel safe walking in a forest at night. I would not feel safe in areas where dangerous animals have access of harming me. I strongly support all efforts of preserving nature and all of it's beauty and wonders.
0 Replies

daisyfisher

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 08:32 am
@Thomas33,
Yes... I like it . green nature and green forest are always good. But When you prefer Artificial plants , it's require low maintenance and No need of sunlight.
0 Replies