losing weight when you don't wont to

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 08:28 pm
to start with, I know a fair amount about nutrition and do make most of my own food. I am a reasonably good and enthusiastic cook.

The problem is being tired.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 805 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 10:25 am
@ossobucotemp,
Is there a question here, osso?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 11:14 am
@ossobucotemp,
You might want a checkup. Ask the doctor to get tested for sed rate and C reactive protein for inflammation. I had an autoimmune disease that those markers showed high for. Lots of fatigue. I got over it after a couple of years-those markers are now down to where they belong. Some autoimmune diseases don't show high for those tests, such as fibromyalgia, but many do.
mark noble

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 11:19 am
@Blickers,
There is no detail in the post.
Nor is there a question.

Why are you discussing fibro/m?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 11:52 am
@Blickers,
Thanks for that suggestion. Funny, as a lab tech years ago, I used to do those tests. Anyway, I was depressed when I posted that. I don't think I've got a serious medical problem - it's more that I need to watch my weight and stop sitting at the computer so much, be more active, including in the kitchen as well as outdoors. I actually like being "thin" these days, but don't think it's smart to get much thinner.

Years ago, I needed to pay attention to keeping my weight down - now in older age, I need to keep it up, a different kind of alert.

Meanwhile, I'll snack on one of those peaches I bought..

saab

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 12:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I would also suggest you get a check up.
Loosing weight and being tired can mean a lot of different things.
Maybe all you need is a good oldfashioned snack of a cake or chocolate now and then instead of peaches.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 12:25 pm
@saab,
That peach was great.

I like the cake idea. Also, I think I could add the occasional custard pie to my kitchen repertoire.
0 Replies