Can Even Drs. Phil or Laura Help My Daughter?

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:04 pm
Whooda - I just had to tell you this is a classic, priceless thread. I've just been IM'ing with a friend about it. I'm probably on my 12th reading of it tonight. You ROCK!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:15 pm
yeh, too bad, bassetts are really homely. Now , my dogs are beautiful. they would take ms doogy America, except one is a he.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:09 pm
Dr. Phil and Dr. Laura are both full of it anyways. They would probably say your little "daughter" was too fat (due to insecurity) and had disdain for the commandments (we saw he coveting the neighbor's Bichon')...(due to the devil.)

I say the "don't worry, be happy" method works best for Beagles. If worse comes to worse you could get him a little bird that talks in apostrophes for guidance.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:18 pm
Years and years ago when I was quite the Queen Bee's Knees in community theater I had an unwelcome admirer.

Let's call him "Ken".

My marriage--through little fault of my own--was conspiciously shaky and "Ken" was a slavering vulture incapable of recognizing a curled lip and haughty sneer.

I was married with two sons who had come to the performance that night. " Ken" came on smarmy. His instruction book said, "Praise the kids and bed the bitch."

I went on at great length in a clear, carrying voice about my dear, sweet daughter whom my cruel husband insisted could not come to the show just because she was a little retarded. "Ken" oozed charm--and practically unzipped his fly to give his charm more room to ooze.

When we had a large enough audience, I informed him that my "daughter" was an Irish Setter.

He might have handled the joke, but the laughter from the bystanders....

Poor "Ken". Since Whooda posted this thread, I've been wondering about him.
0 Replies

LuViNmEe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:27 pm
DUDE she is juss gettin older, it's not your fault. This is phases in a teen's life. believe me I went through them I mean i'm 17 years old and I still go through crap. She is a young teen and they are just youths experimenting and times are going to be tough. Like lets say for instance back in 2001 my friend Diana was VERY insecure about her weight. She was 15 and she weighed about 175 pounds. She gotten made fun of in her years of teenage soultry. She tried to loose as much weight as she could to look like one of those models and to be so skinny. I told her that except the way you are like me I'm to skinny, I weigh 105 pounds and I except it. One day she finally thoguht to her self I'm not going to let people get to my head like this. So she then lived a happy life and she is now 18 and has a beautiful car and has her own apartment and works in Manhattan and is going to college to become a Professional Stylist. I'm so proud of her and also she lost all that baby fat and looks great. Too this day we are best friends and it is really nice. See all your daughter needs is a very good and trust-worthy friend in her life that knows right from wrong. See you have to learn to talk to your daughter and be there for her otherwise she will live a VERY un-satisfing lifestyle. You have to know what is wrong with your daughter and what she wants or dreams of, please be a good parent because it is only RIGHT she is your daughter you have to talk 2 her sometimes. I mean sure there will be tempertantrums but its all part of life. When she gets older she will thank you. Believe me!! :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:54 pm
ohmigawd, Sophie with her own car and apartment. I always tell Bailey and Cleo that when they pay the mortgage, they'll get to make the rules, but their own places? Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:04 pm
Ive often thought that Ernie, the main one, would pack up an leave us and move to the city. but he gets some weird thrill out of chasing tractors.
hell never be "all there"
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/18/2024 at 06:13:08