What happened to the pro-Hillary discussion?

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:44 pm
I know things get weirded out prior to Presidential elections, but unless I missed something, Snood thread seemed to moving along with a minimum amount of discord. I just tried to expand on a members mention of John Oliver, but every time I tried the thread returned to the first page. Is it permanently locked? That would be sad if threads get locked because members are miffed.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:02 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't know. I've some spookiness on my computer that I do not need, it has long been about to crash for good and am trying to get it to behave, that is a daily routine, but it's not a2k related that I know of.

I'll go look.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:03 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm sad it got locked. I thought there was a need for a place just to try to say positive things about our Democratic nominee. I wasn't dumb enough to think those that hate Hillary would actually stay away, but I underestimated their determination and persistence in flaming. There's a pretty big reservoir of bitterness remaining, now that Bernie's big revolution isn't taking up as much bandwidth. I may try to start another thread that looks at the positive implications of a Hillary Presidency. The negative doesn't need it's own thread because it seeps into all of them.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:05 pm
@snood,
Ah, so.....
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:07 pm
@snood,
Lets see how this goes. People are not lavishing praise on Hillary and most of us are not groupies, i think most posters were just trying to discuss the future.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:16 pm
@glitterbag,
I guess I missed the nugget(s) that caused the shut down. My politics participation has dwindled somewhat, mostly from generalized boredom, but also that I try not to be repetitive and fail. Also, I like some of the people who disagree with me.

Sometimes I need to girdle my loins to start in on it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:20 pm
@glitterbag,
I wasn't lavishing praise, but I was acutely aware of the need for balance, since every single election-related thread had the usual suspects rehashing Hillary scandals, conspiracy theories and character smears, If you read my early posts in the 2016 Democratic election-related threads, you'll see that I have always had my own problems with Hillary. I've had trust issues with her and Bill. It's always been an issue with me - wondering whether Bill and Hillary loved attention and power more than service or justice.

But for crissakes she's the Democratic nominee, and I think it's important not just to daily list all her shortcomings but to be honest and clear-eyed about how her strengths might be good for the country. I didn't start that thread to be a cheerleader. Like I said, I felt some balance was needed. Still do.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:48 pm
@snood,
So few eligible voters show up to vote and some politicians are trying to make it harder for certain voters to register. I vote in every election, even if I show up to cast a write-in. Most of us think every election is important, but dear God the one coming up in November is like nothing I have ever seen.

snood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 07:02 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

So few eligible voters show up to vote and some politicians are trying to make it harder for certain voters to register. I vote in every election, even if I show up to cast a write-in. Most of us think every election is important, but dear God the one coming up in November is like nothing I have ever seen.

I feel the same way. I was thinking, maybe it's just because I'm getting older that certain things just naturally take on added significance...Maybe I'm more educated about politics and the influence of government than I was in my 30's and 40's...
I don't know, but the stakes sure seem high in this election, to me.
Foofie

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 02:06 pm
@snood,
I don't vote. Ah know nothing about birthing Presidents (takeoff on famous line by the actress Butterfly McQueen, in Gone with the Wind -"Ah know nothing about birthing babies."
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 03:23 pm
@snood,
Hillary isent perfect, but she is much more pragmatic than Bernie. I was amazed to see him claim free this that for people, he having to know with a republican house he couldent get anything like he was claiming passed. After a bit I began to consider him a blatant liar and I still do. He wants to be president and will say and do anything to make that happen. Yes I know Hillary will do the same thing but she lives in the real world, not la la land.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:27 pm
The original Hillary thread is now open. I'll see everyone over there.
roger

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh. I was thinking it just died from lack of interest. Even the title suggested it might appeal to the pro Hillary contingent.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What happened to the pro-Hillary discussion?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 11:25:59