Semantics Identification Undoing

AB285

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:41 am
How can i uno the identification and encapsulation that has been caused by using the "is" of identity.

I have thought of saying: "It's not that it is..." but maybe this causes another encapsulation, nesting encapsulations.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,128 • Replies: 17
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 11:08 am
@AB285,
Quote:
How can i uno
AB can you give us some more examples
mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:06 pm
@dalehileman,
The poster is lost because he 'is' caught between the literal and philosophical interpretations of 'is'.
It's commonplace.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:25 pm
@mark noble,
Mark you'd suppose a long-time journ major would understand, esp if commonplace. But if you've got a spare moment....
AB285

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:41 pm
@dalehileman,
Well, this is about general semantics. Our minds are made of meanings. When you use the word "Is" you are separating and encapsulating meanings, and there is no such thing as an isolated entity. Puting names and using the word Is creates isolation of meanings. I don't know if you've noticed (it depends on how well you function mentally. The more intuitive the better you feel it). I've always felt it in anticipation whenever i spoke and encountered a situation where the wourd "IS" would be commonly used. I also fund a book called Science and Sanity which explains this.

For example: This "is" a cup. (NO, it is called a cup). This creates encapsulation and isolation, leading to less intuition, thus less Intelligence.

I also found that the "is" of adjetive also encapsulates and puts a label.
For Example: This is better. (Here what happens is that in your mind some situation gets labled as more than another, which may not be the case in other instances)
mark noble

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 01:04 am
@dalehileman,
It's commonplace that people, myself included, get 'lost in translation'. When words have multiple purposes and the context is delivered by an unfamiliar or foreign (Non-locale) entity.

I read my own writing and notice ambiguities-galore.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 12:09 pm
@AB285,
Quote:
how well you function mentally
Not well but thank you AB for the attempt
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 12:10 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
myself included, get 'lost in translation'
Alas Mark me too
0 Replies

AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:28 pm
@AB285,
I've been hyptonized at a cult after the last time i assisted. I've never been intereted in religion, but i still had beliefs in God. Family embers hav been trying to pin me down since a very early age . They saw hat i've been self taught and tried to use me. Unfortunately i've been hypnotyzed at a church meeting which has been prepared. Thy try to make you answoer what they want. One of the effects produced was not being able to find valid terms when speaking, so sorry if i don't express myself correctly. I usually try to express ideas the best i can. But now sometimes i don't find adequate terms. My associative system has been stunted. They tried to create an idea in my mind that thinking is a problem, thus hampering access to asociative systems. I know tat going and claryfing what i said and other things would slve th hypnsis, because it is a self-image hypnosis. What i meant is that the better your mind is arranged the better intuition you have, thus you can have better predictability and other things. I knoew what would happen if i answered, but due o previous planned events i answered anyway. I was conditioned. All of this has to do with semantics. I also know that using the "Is" of identity (like, "This is a cup") leads to less intuition. Before being hypnotized y tried to avoid using it, but after being hypnotized they tried to ake me say things i wouldn't have otherwise said. I want to know how can the effect of using "is" be undone. I've been reading Science and Sanity to try to remember some things but due to the impediment caused in associetive memory access i find it difficult to associate what i read with knowledge. Im trying to express these concepts the best i can in this state, so please bare with me.
AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:30 pm
@AB285,
BTW i always saw God as the universe, not as a guy in the sky. But this is another topic.
AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:35 pm
@AB285,
I know there may be some ambiguities, and i've used the term "is" in the past, but in some instances i know it might prouduce inconenient effects. After being hypnotized (i still have some hypnotic effects, but have found a way of behaving like i normally would) i was forced to agree on things i wouldn't usuall agree on.
0 Replies

AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:48 pm
@AB285,
Maybe i'm just getting confused due to the efects of the hypnosis and i don't realize that. I apologize if this is wasting your time, i don't mean to.
I have realized before that sometimes i mix things up due to these hypnosis effects, but then i forget and do it again. All of this due to the hampered acess to most associative systems.
0 Replies

AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:52 pm
@AB285,
Maybe also derealization. But i'm 99,99 % sure that going and claryfying things would solve the hypnosis. I've tested things before and i'm pretty confident about this.
0 Replies

AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 06:52 pm
@AB285,
I don't believe in God as a superior being, i see it as the sum of the laws of the universe, but i don't call it God as it may cause confusion in others. I don't even call it existence, or anything else, because when you put a name to it you confine it in your mind, and it doesn't have a beginning nor an end.
0 Replies

AB285

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 09:14 pm
@AB285,
I've found some things that were causing some of these problems. Thanks for your time. I didn't mean to produce any kind of inproductivity. Now i have only one thing to do aout it, which is to go and clarify things. I'l try to delete this post as it may not have any real usefulness. Just to try and keep things clean. Again, thanks for your time, i hope i did not waste it. Please understand that it just happened, and it was going to happen anyway, due to how the universe unfolds.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 10:53 am
@AB285,
Quote:
BTW i always saw God as the universe, not as a guy in the sky...doesn't have a beginning nor an end...the sum of the laws of the universe
Funny how few of us think that way; yet seems perfectly logical, sidestepping much contradiction and paradox
AB285

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 02:23 am
@dalehileman,
Which shows that it is up to us to try to change things, which basically means it's up to existence to transform itself, as it has been doing it since eternity. Whatever will happen will happen. Enjoy the ride.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:11 am
@AB285,
Whatever can happen will happen

Quote:
Enjoy the ride
I am thanks AB, immensely
0 Replies