Custom airbrush business

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:05 pm
I own a custom airbrush business. I have been in business for 5 years now. So far, so good, but I've done what I needed to do to get by. (Bookkeeping wise). I have a possible investor that could really kick off my business or it could ruin me. Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,230 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:18 pm
years ago I did vans and bike tanks and fenders. What do you paint? Bikes are hot again and BIG DOGS and TEXAS CHOPPERS and a bunch of others are always searching for good art.

If you can do skulls, bullet holes, scallps and good flames, you can do well.
If your investor is a marketer, so much the better. Next bitch was getting paid on time. I got to the point where I wouldnt deal with certain shops unless they reatainered me. I had many bad debts and that, more than anything made me put it away. I didnt have a good "Pay up sucker " mentality, and I sure didnt wanna have that tattooed on my hand.
The biggest bitch I had was finding new work , and this took time from my schooling ( I was in grad school)
How many brushes you run at once?
I ran only Thayer and Chandler small jar units, double action. I had a guy who was an artist with a single action and he did the oversprays of multi colors and the backgrounds for vans. Thats a dead field now.
RVs with semi custom airbrush art on the transom is a growing market. I know Safari Rigs do it as do some of the more up-scale tandem rig coaches.Holiday Rambler has started some custom graphics at the dealer levels so thats all I know .
0 Replies

davesb

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:55 pm
Hi jamsairbrush,

I'm trying to read between the lines in order to understand your dillemma. Are you saying that letting your potential investor look at your financial records could expose you to possible ruin? Are they just disorganized and incomplete, or do they contain records of transactions that are in that grey area of acceptability?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is - are you just embarrassed by your book keeping, and feel that it might put your investor off, or is there something more?

I'd like to try and help, but I need to know a little more.

davesb
0 Replies