HIJACKED BY TEENYBOPPERS

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:10 pm
I have complained before about other members posting drivel. Of course, i would never do that myself. However, i deeply regret having written as much, having truly witnessed drivel in full career here tonight. There is a thread which has been started in the Riddles Forum for Harry Potter fans to use as a chat room. I hang my head in shame. To think that we have come to this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,967 • Replies: 43
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:31 pm
riddle forum?
bookmark
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:42 pm
Hey, at least they keep to themselves (for the most part, cept for the folk who bug mods to try to intervene on behalf of contests etc).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
i barged into the thread. someone wanted to know if i were staff...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:58 pm
Yeah, CdK, i saw that thread, and when the joker was done shouting, and informed us he had contacted staff about, i figured it wouldn't last long. I can't complain about people posting silliness, i guess it only bothers me because it eats up resources. But you'd know better than i if that were an issue, so i just left them to themselves.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:33 pm
Ok, lets get down to some real substance. What model walker do you use set?. I got the Olecoot X-20. Its got some rad flames on the grabby things
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:35 pm
You wasn't s'posed to tip my hand on that one, FM, i'll git fer that . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 07:18 pm
Lol - we were all teenyboppers once.

As I recall, it was fun!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 07:21 pm
Imagine if A2K was down and all we had was one thread on another forum.

That'd get wild 'n' wooly.

Actually that could be cool -- politicos and parenting types would meet -- hmmm....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 08:21 pm
biker meals and art by political candidates. Is there life in Denver? and how can we tell because God lives in yuma.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:10 pm
Do not forsake me, oh my darlin' . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:22 pm
on this our wedding daaaaaaaaayyyyyyy...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:30 am
I am very envious of farmerman's walker.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:33 am
Or rather his ownership of such.

I certainly do not envy the walker itself

Well, Goddamn it! You know what I'm trying to say!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:53 am
Did you go off yer meds again, Gus?

Nice warblin' there, Osso . . .
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:54 am
greetings and salutations to all Very Happy

what i find freaky is only this night while randomly looking thru a2k i found all these threads in riddles under the title MNI... 'what is this i wonder' Question thought i....
and then i find its loads of 'teenyboppers' as u call them posting the most strangest things about some potter website Shocked

hehe the mods were having a field day workin overtime, these kids were getting banned for soliciting (and i thought only women of the night did that) and for making threats and all sorts..ahh the youth of today...makes me feel positively old being just past 30... Shocked
it was crazy Shocked Surprised
what is the world coming to Very Happy

but cravens right at least they stay in their topics unlike the rest of us who roam the forums bringing chaos wherever we go..mentioning no names Wink

haha i saw your entry in there too region phil Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:57 am
Col, at first i thought MNI referred to a Canadian web site development company, and i thought their site was down, leading to an invasion of Canajun chat room junkies. Then i realized that a firm such as that would not likely be hosting a teeny-bopper chat room (the chat is drivel, even by chat standards). Then someone in the thread pointed to an "explanation" on page 140. I looked at that, and saw the word "muggles." I've never read Harry Potter, and never will. But i'm not completely comatose regarding current events and popular culture, so i knew then what was up. One of these jokers has the handle HPcrazy-something . . . i felt pretty much assured that that does not stand for Hewlett-Packard . . .
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 01:06 am
Very Happy hehe Very Happy

it took me something like a hundred pages of bewildered and freaky reading to work out MNI is MuggleNet Interactive
which is some harry potter game thing where you work out riddles/secrets to earn owls and galleons...

oddly enough it seems to have been created for youngsters by youngsters and the 'creators' have had a fall out and thus the site is down

so there appears to be a turf war going on right here on a2k as to whos fault this all is something to do with a rivalry between someone called jamie and zardi....
anyway its twisting my mind
so im off back to my H.I. realm to post some strange news

peace and love
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 01:10 am
Wink MNI is also the Montreal Neurological Institue Very Happy
and Malaysia National Insurance....
whoa its some israeli thing too all in hebrew Shocked
משרד התשתיות הלאומיות
it says ministry of national infrastructures....

Shocked im sorry im drivelling Shocked
its a kids thing Smile

byeeeeeee
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:21 am
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, CdK, i saw that thread, and when the joker was done shouting, and informed us he had contacted staff about, i figured it wouldn't last long.

Actually, that was a whole different set of contest folk. So far there seem to be three main recurring (and self-perpetuating) ones I know of:

Harry Potter, Asia Wise, and some Marlboro something or other.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HIJACKED BY TEENYBOPPERS
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 06:36:17