Homosexual Love

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:39 am
@awisse17,
Quote:
When a law is created, the law needs to have proof that will help society and reasons to legalize it, there needs to a moral, logical reason to create it.
I only WISH that were true.
If you can't think of examples where this is not the case, you're not trying.
0 Replies

kency123

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:04 am
@awisse17,
New laws didn't legalize homosexuality, old laws forbidding it were repealed. We realized there was, as you said, "no moral, logical reason to create it." Gay love is the same as straight love and should be recognized equally. Like interracial marriage, many don't like it because it's unusual and because of their prejudices. There is nothing moral or logical in question.

Can you give some moral, logical reasons behind laws against homosexuality?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:10 am
@awisse17,
my point is that homosexuality is as natural as red hair and cowlicks - and in the case of cowlicks there is a genetic connection to homosexuality

in the case of red hair, it has been treated with the same type of discrimination as homosexuality

homosexuality is part of nature
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:14 am
@awisse17,
you've got it completely backwards

you need to think about what the benefits of stigmatizing homosexuals are

what are they?

why did someone decide to make something natural, normal and socially acceptable illegal?

why was something that has social benefits made illegal?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:17 am
@awisse17,
awisse17 wrote:
. Gay rights as I said before has had more of a greater push in recent history than there ever has been before.

that's a bit silly

there didn't need to be a push for gay rights before some people decided to take the rights away from people who had those rights

homosexuality has existed since there have been humans

there have been marvellous threads here about the community benefits of homosexuality so I'm not going to review all of the science/history/sociology again but I encourage you to do a great deal more research into the matter
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:18 am
@awisse17,
awisse17 wrote:
if condoms are going to stop the spread of HIV

you think this is an if?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:21 am
@awisse17,
awisse17 wrote:
I know that there are also diseases that can come from heterosexual sex but that is when a person has sex with too many partners, which I also think is wrong. When sex is done with the same person throughout life there are no problems

women die from pregnancy related complications every single day

that has nothing to do with the number of partners at all

__

going by your way of extrapolating, heterosexual sex and pregnancy should be banned
awisse17

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 07:50 am
@ehBeth,
My statement is very correct. Up until recent history, gay rights has not existed. Now in the last few years the wanting of rights for gay people has become a very controversial and main topic of today's society. They didn't have those rights before and now there are very different rights movements for gay marriage and the suing of cake makers because they refuse to make a cake for a gay marriage, which is their right. Its their choice and and they have free will, just the same will that gay people want. Its unfair and hypocritical, its wrong and so are you. And your wrong, homosexuality has existed ever since sin began.
0 Replies

awisse17

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 07:52 am
@ehBeth,
Women die in pregnancy because of complications for various reasons, not STDs or STIs. And those diseases occur from the occurrence of having sex hetero or homo too much with too many different people.
0 Replies

awisse17

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 07:59 am
@kency123,
Because those people that are fighting for those rights are being oppressive in what they are doing to fight for it. For example, there was a cake maker in NY that decided and chose not to make a cake for a gay couple and that couple felt soooo abused so they sued the shop. How is that right? Its wrong thats one reason that homosexuality is wrong. The oppression they cause.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 10:38 am
@ehBeth,
try answering these questions - for yourself, not for us

ehBeth wrote:

you need to think about what the benefits of stigmatizing homosexuals are

what are they?

why did someone decide to make something natural, normal and socially acceptable illegal?

why was something that has social benefits made illegal?

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 11:53 am
@awisse17,
awisse17 wrote:

For example, there was a cake maker in NY that decided and chose not to make a cake for a gay couple and that couple felt soooo abused so they sued the shop. How is that right?

If you own a public business, you are expected to serve the public. You can't decide that you don't want to serve people if you don't like their skin color or religion or hair color or height or gender or ... sexual orientation.

I find the wedding cake thing especially hypocritical. Making a cake is not an endorsement of the wedding. If a heterosexual couple walked in and ordered a cake, this baker would happily make it if they were brother and sister, if the bride was being coerced, if they were "living in sin", if it was an arranged marriage, if there was violence between the couple, etc. It's not like there is an interview process involved in buying a cake... unless the couple is gay, then "oh my God, my baking a cake would endorse sin!!" Gay people aren't oppressing anyone, they just want you to sell them a cake like you would for anyone else.
0 Replies

kency123

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 04:02 pm
@awisse17,
OK Awisse your original question for this thread was very curious, polite, and inquisitive and I wanted to give you some info that might help you take some evidence and expand your thought. However it's clear your mind was already made up. Sorry to be so blunt, but your responses show lack of reason and objectivity and are just an opportunity to vent existing prejudice. It's not because I disagree with you. Sure many people have had no contact with homosexuality and their questions need answering. What your arguments lack in logic they make up for in prejudice, so there's little point me saying anything else on the topic.

It's still in living memory that in the land of the "free", as it's described, white Americans were explicitly and legally oppressing African Americans. Thankfully your laws have since come out the other side for black people, hopefully in the years to come gay Americans will have the same recognition as equal citizens.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Homosexual Love
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:26:54