How do I tell my parents that I am no longer apart of their religion?

chai2

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
No it didn't.

I retired quite early thank you.

I'm still well below what most people consider retirement age.

Thanks for the attempt at telling me my life probably sucked for 20 years because I don't think like you.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:12 pm
@chai2,
Good for you!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 04:24 am
@Theunknown,
It all comes down to the reasons why you lost your faith...there can be good and bad reasons...the bad one is because being a muslin is not fashionable right now...the good one is because you are past a moral system which is not self sufficient. One should do the right thing not because the bibble or quran say so...
0 Replies

kency123

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 05:57 am
@Theunknown,
If they converted as teenagers does that mean your extended family is not Muslim? You could tell an aunt/uncle/cousin/grandparent and they can help you start the journey, and then help bring your parents round.
Theunknown

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 09:14 am
@kency123,
I'm not close with my extended family. The only family members that are in my life are my grandma, my aunt and cousins, but they are all Muslim as well. I have uncles who I talk to, but we aren't close and they live in other States.
kency123

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 10:23 am
@Theunknown,
If you haven't already, I think it's really important to start talking about it to someone in person, someone you know and trust if you can. It makes you feel less alone and it helps to know there's someone to support you if things don't go the way you want.
0 Replies

OkinawaOwl00

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:55 pm
@chai2,
I believe she meant that her parents want their children to stay upon what they (their children) were raised. Not necessarily that they (her parents) stayed upon what they (her parents) were raised.
chai2

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 05:00 pm
@OkinawaOwl00,
OkinawaOwl00 wrote:

I believe she meant that her parents want their children to stay upon what they (their children) were raised. Not necessarily that they (her parents) stayed upon what they (her parents) were raised.

Yes okinawa. That's my point.

Do I really need to spell it out?
0 Replies