Ragman

Sat 14 May, 2016 11:57 am
@Setanta,
Great story, there. Tnx.

Nothing used to make me smile more than watching episodes of Cajun Chef. Used to love his group of blue-haired groupies that frequented the front rows of his cooking lessons.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 14 May, 2016 12:06 pm
Ah gahr-ohn-TEE !
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 14 May, 2016 12:09 pm
Here's Justin doing a potato chip ad . . .

0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 14 May, 2016 12:20 pm
A neighbor here in t.o. was telling me last evening about his harrowing experienec riding the MTA . . .

0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 14 May, 2016 12:32 pm
Tom Dula (pronounced as Dooley) was hanged for murder in 1866, in a classic love trio tragedy. Shortly thereafter, a local man wrote a song about it, which was first recorded in 1929.

When we got a television in 1956, none of us wanted to watch, for fear that we would miss our favorite radio shows. We would go in the back bedroom with our grandfather and listen to the radio while my grandmother sat in the living room watching the teevee and fuming. She finally came up with a plan. She would casually announce that she was going to watch one of our favorite shows on teevee. That worked. One of those programs was the Lucky Strike Hit Parade. In 1958, the Kingston Trio had a number one hit with "Tom Dooley." I still remembers seeing them perform it on the Lucky Strike Hit Parade.

0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 18 May, 2016 02:19 am
"The Tennessee Waltz" came out in 1948. It became a hit with Patti Page's 1950 recording.

0 Replies