how many favourites can you hold?

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:16 pm
hi all,
when surfing the web i like to store quite a lot of sites in the favourites.the only problem is when i look up these favourites a lot are hidden and i have to scroll down to find them.
is there a way of changing the layout of these favourites so when i click on favourites i can see them all on my screen without having to scroll .
ie is there a way i can set it out that shows favourites horizontal and vertical.
sorry if this isnt making much sense.
thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 656 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:21 pm
Do you have your favorites categorized, and alphabetized? I don't want to write out the whole thing if you already know how to do it, but if you don't, let me know. Then I'll walk you thru the process!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:50 pm
do you put them in folders so that the list is shorter and each folder holds linked items? it helps
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:55 pm
Re: how many favourites can you hold?
iceman71 wrote:

ie is there a way i can set it out that shows favourites horizontal and vertical.

No
0 Replies

iceman71

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:13 pm
i dont like thing in different folders,prefer it alll in front of my face.never mind thanks anyway guys
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:39 am
Sorry iceman, you can't have it both ways. There are two choices:

Prune your favorites so that there are no more than will fit in a page.

Categorize them.

Yer pays per money, and yer takes yer choice!

I was going through a loose leaf book that I used for computer stuff, and throwing out obsolete material. Years ago, when I got my first computer, you know where I put my favorites? Right on my desktop.

When I had to reformat my hard drive, I had taken a picture of the desktop, and printed it for future reference. I found that picture, and was I shocked. Do you know that I had over 70 icons on the desktop? No wonder I had to reformat!
0 Replies

iceman71

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:22 am
lol @phoenix
0 Replies