Megapopstar Prince has been reported to have died today.

chai2

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:08 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Well, there's the problem Robert.

People listening to and reading all sorts of rumours, gossip and whatever else the media wants to throw at the general public.

I'm going to personally be paitient and wait to see what the truth is.

Actually no, it's not so much waitng on anything, as if I'm somehow owed an explanation. I'm not entitled to know about his cause of death or personal life. His family is.

For arguments sake, let's say drugs were being bought. Does anyone really think that a person who is well known around the world would be dealing directly with the person who sells the drugs he wants to use? This is a man who had bodyguards, staff, God knows what else to assist him, but he personally deals with "Doctor D"?

Oh, and here's a joke, Prince being seen going to Walgreen 4 times a week to pick up perscriptions. Well, some either he needed to get his schedule in order so he only made one trip, or realize he could send someone else down to pick them up. Yes, even if they are controlled substances. I do it all the time.

To give an example of how manipulative all this "drug dealer" talk is, look at that figure, $40,000.

Gosh, that's a lot of money!

Per this article, that was supposed to be for 6 months.

However, when you consider oxycontin, oxycodon, fentanyl patches, etc etc on the street can go for $50 to $100 a pill, depending on the dosage, and someone in his position paying a premium for security and privacy, what are we really talking about?
Two to four pills a day, if that. For someone with chronic pain, that could be enough to get them through the day, if their regular script isn't enough.

That is of course supposing any of this click bait has any truth at all to it.

People just don't think things through. Not pointing at you Robert. I mean in general people follow the most recent sexy theory.

chai2

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:03 pm
@chai2,
Well, now that he has passed away, it's now permitted to talk about his humanitarianism. It seems his religion looked down on speaking of your deeds. I'm no authority on JW's.

Not as provocative as suppositions on his drug use I know.
However, it does say more about the man.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:08 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Well, there's the problem Robert.

People listening to and reading all sorts of rumours, gossip and whatever else the media wants to throw at the general public.

I'm going to personally be paitient and wait to see what the truth is.

So am I, I have repeatedly stated I do not know if these stories are true. I am just a bit more skeptical that the emergency landing was for flu too.
chai2

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:14 pm
@Robert Gentel,
We do know that the video I just posted is true. I'm not skeptical about that at all.

Again, I'm not shooting arrows at you Robert.

It's just tiresome the way so many want to hear the tawdry side. Also wanting to know about things that are none of our business.

He was, from what I understand, a very private person.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:18 pm
@chai2,
I guess I don't see the alleged struggle with substance abuse as tawdry or even speaking ill of the dead (maybe I'm coming across that way to others?). I struggled with substance abuse myself and many many people do. Not trying to knock Prince at all.
chai2

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:40 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No, not necessarily. You're not coming off this way.

You didn't bring up the subject of drugs.

Yeah, I do this it's an invasion of privacy of the person, and the family and close friends, to let's face it, lightly talk about such important topics about the deceased, when they are not here to address it. Prince would not at all like this. Unfortunately, he knew he would be a media sensation if something had ever happened to him.

I would hate to think that would happen to me in his position.

It's just not respectful to an apparantly good man.

The following is personal, but I'll say it. It disappoints me that so many people can only, or mostly talk about the passing of someone, with how it affects them. He's dead, but let's talk about me me me.

I'm nobody, I don't want to be anybody. But it would be nice if I was talked about in regards to how I affected the world as a whole. I'll be dead and won't care whats being said. But it would be important for others to know how someone can do good things. Might inspire them.

We do know he did good things and helped many.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 07:05 pm
@chai2,
Dunno but I think expressing how he affected them is in a way one of the most sincere tributes to him. There's not much anyone can say about him and what he felt or feels but how he touched their lives is his lasting legacy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 01:44 pm
friends of mine participated in this event last night

http://music.cbc.ca/#!/blogs/2016/5/Choir-Choir-Choir-leads-enormous-sing-along-of-Princes-When-Doves-Cry-in-Toronto

Quote:
May 03, 2016

Article posted by Melody Lau in Here's The Thing

On Monday night, Toronto’s Choir! Choir! Choir! paid tribute to the late Prince with one of its biggest sing-alongs yet, packing over 2,000 people into historic Massey Hall to perform the 1984 hit, “When Doves Cry.”

Creative directors Nobu Adilman and Daveed Goldman stood on a purple-lit stage as they conducted the three-part harmony rendition of the famous song.

The performance eventually spilled outside the venue and north towards Toronto’s Yonge-Dundas Square where the singing continued.

All proceeds from the event were donated to the Regent Park School of Music.

https://youtu.be/wB7lNJLy27Y

a little clip from when they went outside

https://youtu.be/DZeBqrAI9Dc
0 Replies