...stating your zone, telephone number, “Sado” or “no Sado” and slot it...

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:38 am
Those who wish to attend the August pilgrimage, please prepare a photocopy of your passport, stating your zone, telephone number, “Sado” or “no Sado” and slot it in the Pilgrimage Box.

The above is from a Nichiren Shu magazine.

I believe stating is not correctly used in the sentence. I think on it should have been included. I have revised it as follows. Is it better than the original? Thanks.

Those who wish to attend the August pilgrimage, please prepare a photocopy of your passport, state your zone, telephone number, “Sado” or “no Sado” on it and slot it in the Pilgrimage Box.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 257 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:52 am
@tanguatlay,
I'm not familiar with what your passports look like, but I would either say:

Those who wish to attend the August pilgrimage, please prepare a photocopy of your passport showing your zone, telephone number, “Sado” or “no Sado” and slot it in the Pilgrimage Box.

-or-

Those who wish to attend the August pilgrimage, please prepare a photocopy of your passport, state your zone, telephone number, “Sado” or “no Sado” and slot it in the Pilgrimage Box.

It depends on whether the information requested in on the passport or if you are providing it separately.
0 Replies

tanguatlay

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:06 am
Thanks, engineer.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ...stating your zone, telephone number, “Sado” or “no Sado” and slot it...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.79 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:22:11