Lithium readings

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:37 pm
Hi there..can anyone give an opinion on this Lithium rock chip result. Appreciated.

Easting 352526
Northing 6538787
Li20 ppm 938.062
Li20 (%) 0.09
Cs ppm 220.4
Ta ppm 95.63
Nb ppm 90.25
Rb ppm 1764

Sampling to-date suggests that the style of Lithium Mineralisation discovered on the is that of the Li-Cs-Ta enriched (LCT) Pegmatites.

View best answer, chosen by brian kirby
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 04:36 am
@brian kirby,
Is it a muscovite or a REE type? I assumed it wasnt shallow
are you doing a tectonics paper?

brian kirby

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 05:37 am
@farmerman,
no mate looking to buy shares in a mining co. this was in their report today. Lithium is hot business at the moment. Do you know much about this type of stuff? If it's decent or not? The report says "The areas which returned the most
encouraging results are pegmatite’s hosted within mafic rock types " does that help? Thanks for your reply anyway very much appreciated
brian kirby

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 05:43 am
@brian kirby,
Best results were from sampling pegmatite drill spoil from drillhole WAC041 which included 0.17% Li20,
and from drillhole HRC054 which included 5m @ 0.45% Li20

depth of 5 metres
farmerman
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 07:49 am
@brian kirby,
you need a good econ geologist. If I was running your prospect, Id be looking at the Hydrothermal and ground water. Ill bet youd see a nice recovery with some really simple means.
Your pegmatites should be more enriched in spod and lepidolite (see if they used a term "perthite Spodumene) and associated Li/Sr feldspars. See any masses of pink in the spoil piles? We gotta carefully use all our senses because the best stuff may be missed by random sample means.
Whats the market for Li this week?
brian kirby

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 11:07 am
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman, thanks again for your reply. I am but a simple investor trading the Australian stockmarket. At the moment any mining company that mentions the word 'lithium' and the share price goes bonkers. The stock I'm referring to is in Western Australia. They are gold miner but with the global interest in lithium at present they've gone back into some old ground (2006) and the latest results were from rock samples only. Today for example, it's only a junior speculative stock but it ran from 003-007..with massive volume 140M. I'll attach a copy of today's report for you just for interest if you like.
http://www.maximusresources.com/investors/asx/2016/mxr_20160412_Lithium_potential.pdf
Do you know much about gold grades?
Lithium concentrate prices are around US$600. All this talk on Tesla electric cars, Apple phones etc. needing lithium batteries is claiming lithium is the new oil. I'm just a punter mate trying to make a quid and did pretty well today. Anyway, I find all this geology stuff interesting and wish I had of paid more attention at school and made a career out it. Had 'rocks in my head' back then. Cheers and really appreciate your input. Brian
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 11:28 am
@brian kirby,
worked Li (as lepidolite) in the 90;s when tool companies were just starting Li batteries cause they hold a charge till the very end and this was good for contractors who demanded portable tools. Did really well by doing the mining geo for free and n earning my partnerships. Its common for prospectors, nothing risked but my company's time and expenses. When it pays out, I make a nice on going piece of the prospect.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lithium readings
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:19:33