Did i get the job?

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 07:55 pm
I had an interview at a rite aid and the interview went very well i got a call two days later about an online assessment i had to take. I completed the assessment and the next day came back for the appointment the manager made with me to see my social security card and ID and to take a drug test. When i arrived the manager informed me i did not pass the assessment. The manager explained to me that she could call about it and see if it could be overrided, since the reason i had not passed was because of lack of work experience and she really wanted me to work there. She said it would take around 48 hours to find out. So my question is, is it possible that i could still be hired even though i did not pass the assessment? Is it possible to get around that? Please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 504 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 08:01 pm
@miwxhorror,
Why would you ask us? She's the one who knows you, however slightly.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 08:24 pm
@miwxhorror,
When did the manager say she would make those calls? Looks like you have less than 48 hours to find out.

It's in the hands of the manager now to see if this can be done.

Of course it's possible she can do that, but unfortunately, she could possibly be told she can't.

I know it's stressful waiting, but you've apparantly got the manager on your side.

Good luck, and let us know how it all comes out.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 12:16 am
@miwxhorror,
It looks like you will find out if the manager can override your assessment to hire you within the next 48 hours. If for whatever reason she cannot override and hire you, be sure to thank her for considering hiring you. Also thank her for trying to do what she could to hire you. Also, ask her if she would keep your name in mind if anything changes. Look her in the eye, shake her hand, and tell her that you appreciate all that she tried to do.

This will leave her an even more positive impression of you than what she already had. Because of your display of genuine appreciation, she may ultimately find a way to hire you. Or she might find away to get you hired somewhere else with her contacts. Nothing is guaranteed. It is very important to leave any potential employer with a good impression, even if you don't get hire. This is one method of networking.
0 Replies