Streaming Music Services

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 08:47 pm
I have had a subscription to Rhapsody for many years. When I first got it, they gave me a desktop app. A year or so ago, they forced me to update the software to a purely Web based app. When I have used it, which isn't very often, I have found the layout to be confusing, but I haven't looked at it closely until a few minutes ago.

There was a feature which I used sometimes which is now absolutely gone. I am not a big fan of classical music, but have found during the last few years that it's kind of nice to have on while I'm working. I don't know much about the composers, though. Rhapsody used to have a feature that made compiling a small list of music I liked easy. I could go to the classical genre. Then I could choose the sub-genre, e.g. baroque, romantic, etc. This much is in the Web based version except that, laughably, they show only three sub-genres of classical music. Previously, if I chose a sub-genre, I could then see lists of classical composers in that genre. If I chose a composer, I could then see lists of albums of his music and browse those for individual pieces of music. All of this is gone from the Web version. It's been hugely dumbed down. If you pick one of their three sub-genres, all you can then see within that genre is "popular," "recent additions," "trending" or some crap like that. I could probably compile a list of composers, but that's not what I'm looking for. It used to let me browse lists of artists in each of the sub-genres so that I could try composers I didn't know.

Does anyone know a streaming music service which still has anything like this? Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 984 • Replies: 0
No top replies