Sexless realationship

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 06:55 am
I need help, I have been with my boyfriend for nearly two years now, I love him more than words could possibly say (I don't want to end the relationship) but sex has now became a problem in our relationship, he enjoys other stuff but just now proper sex, I have spoken to him about this and he says things will change and they don't (when they do it only changes for a week then it goes back to the same old stuff) I just don't know what to do anymore as my need aren't being met and I feel awful always talking about it but if I don't then they "won't change"!!! I need help like asap!!!

maxdancona

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 07:25 am
@Grant2016,
Either end the relationship, or accept it the way that it is. Those are your two choices.

Sorry, but life is like that.
Grant2016

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 07:33 am
@maxdancona,
I get what your saying, but is it a dickish move?? I genuinely don't know what to do!!
maxdancona

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:23 am
@Grant2016,
I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking if it is "dickish" for him to not have sex with you? Or are you saying that it would be "dickish" for you to leave? I don't see that he has any obligation to have sex with you, nor do you have any obligation to stay in the relationship if you aren't happy.

There is nothing you describe in your post that I think is "dickish" on either your part or his. If it isn't working then it isn't working... assigning blame doesn't help anyone.

If I am in a relationship that isn't making me happy and I don't see a way to fix it then I leave. The other option you have is to accept things the way they are. You don't get to force your partner to change, that isn't how relationships work.

It's your choice.

Grant2016

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:34 am
@maxdancona,
Sorry I was on about leaving the realationship, he is a great guy, and I'm not saying it all him, I know that it's going to take work and time, I just wanted to see if they're was anyone in the same situation as me, happy in the relationship (with other than sex) I know that sex is a big part in a relationship, it expresses how you feel (if you know what I mean) I'm just confused
engineer

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:52 am
@Grant2016,
Don't assume that something that is not acceptable now will get better with time. It will likely get worse. If a critical part of this relationship is not working for you, you should let your partner know. If it still doesn't get better, you should talk to him some more. If you two still can't make it work, you probably can't make it work.
maxdancona

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 09:01 am
@Grant2016,
Quote:
I know that it's going to take work and time

I agree with Engineer.

Everyone wants to believe that with "work and time" you can change a relationship. This isn't true. Most of the time when a relationship isn't working, it is never going to work. Sorry to say this, but it is the truth.

The only time that "work and time" is a good solution is when both people agree that there is a problem, and that both people agree to put in the work.

The biggest mistake is for one person in a relationship to try to change something about the other person. This is always a mistake.
0 Replies

Grant2016

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 09:16 am
@engineer,
Yeah, I have spoken to him loads of times and it changes for a week of so then it goes back to the way the way it is now, I'm just wandering if there is people out there in the same situation as me and could give me advice, he is a great guy, and I do love him, I just don't know what to do anymore.
Leadfoot

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:06 am
@Grant2016,
Communication is almost always a good thing but if there is an exception, sex per se is it. Asking for more/better when the other isn't receptive the first time, more asking will make it worse, not better.
Grant2016

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:16 am
@Leadfoot,
Yeah, it's just hard, when he asks for something he gets it, but when I do it's more like he has to do it, but it takes ages to get into
ehBeth

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:18 am
@Grant2016,
Are you in an exclusive, committed relationship?

Is it serious enough that you would consider talking to him about going to counselling with you?

__

In the alternative, it's possible that you may have a great friend who isn't a good sexual partner for you.
Grant2016

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:25 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah, none of us has ever cheated on one another, none of that, I have just spoken to him to him about an hour ago going to see a consulting and see if we can move passed this together, have you ever been on the same situation?? It's just so confusing!
maxdancona

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:45 am
@Grant2016,
Yes, it is safe to say that most of us have been in a similar situation.

Sometimes relationships don't work even though you love the other person. This is a very common experience.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 01:02 pm
Why do you keep asking if other people are in the same situation?

Are you looking to hook up with someone, so you can have unattached sex?
Grant2016

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 05:27 am
@PUNKEY,
No I don't think so!!! I just want advice on what they done to try and improve the realationship sexually!!!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 07:36 am
When is the last time he had a physical (testosterone level checked?)

This may be part of his psychological makeup. What kind of relationship do his parents have?

He sounds like he's just not that interested in sex. That may be learned from his upbringing or he could be gay.

Leopards don't change their spots. You can't make someone be sexy.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sexless realationship
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:52:35