Not-for-Profit Corporation

gollum

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 12:02 pm
May one not for profit corporation registered under Section 501-c-3 receive donations in a fiduciary capacity and remit them to a second not-for-profit after deducting its own fee?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 498 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 02:30 pm
@gollum,
I know you want accurate legal information; I can only say that United Way has been doing something similar for decades.
gollum

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 02:35 pm
@roger,
roger-

Thank you. What organizations does the United Way do it for? Why does the United Way do it?
roger

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 02:40 pm
@gollum,
I don't know which, but the list is enormous. I think the idea was that people got nickel and dimed to death by hundreds of organization and would give more to one umbrella organization. They make it easy for companies to collect by way of payroll deductions.

I'm not fond of the idea if it matters. I may not support all of them.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:20 pm
@gollum,
It depends on your donor's wishes and also on your mission. If one of your missions is to support other like-agencies, then, yes, you can make a donation to other groups. They don't even have to be a 501(c)3.

I don't know about a "fee" for doing this. You take $$ in and disperse it.

You may have administrative costs. You would not call that a "fee" but rather it would be part of the program.
gollum

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:36 pm
@PUNKEY,
Punkey-

Thank you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Not-for-Profit Corporation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:24:25