Loner Troubles

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 02:18 pm
Sooo I am what you call a loner. I like to be by myself A LOT but every once in a while there comes a person that I actually enjoy spending time with. I am a 30 y.o. 5'6 caucasion female and aint bad on the eyes. I'm not simply tooting my own horn, this pertains to this particular situation.

I rarely click with females. It's just the way it is, I feel gossiping is a waste of energy and SHOPPING ALLL the fuckin time is my version of HELL. I am very active, I like to be outside and run and jump and get dirty, like EWWW. Anyways, so I met a guy at a bar and we actually really click. We laugh, we dance, we sing, we act like a buncha lunatics as all the people stare. It's awesome! We've even found ourselves in intellectually stimulating debates. All is peachy keen until... he says he wants to introduce me to his mom.

Last few times we hung out, it would seem that he already mapped our future together as lovers. Opening a potatoe stand at a local flea markey together, meeting the fam, going on week long fishing trips. But I gave him not one indication that I was romatically attracted to him. And I'm not.

So instead to telling him I have no romantic interest in him, I completely ignore him. I love him to death and wish him the best but I don't know if I should flat out tell him there is no chance, or just continue to pretend I'm buzy and cant hang out.

Please help me decide what the heck to do. Thanks in advance! Wink

jespah

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 02:21 pm
@Yourmakingmehateyou,
If you tell him now, the friendship may end. If you tell him later, the friendship may still end but at least he's spared months or years or whatever of wondering and getting his hopes up. The former is more mature, and it's kinder.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 04:15 pm
@jespah,
What jespah said. Be fair and considerate; tell him yesterday.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 02:48 am
@Yourmakingmehateyou,
I had a lady friend that I spent over ten years as a walking and talking buddy. Never got romatically involved though. She had other boyfriends before me and I respected that. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if she came out and said she had no interest in marrying me. We still see each other now and then and there is no hostility.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Loner Troubles
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:46:35