Did I something wrong or did I just meet wrong person?

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 09:38 pm
I met a nice lass living near my town. At first she seemed like nice social girl and we had little chat about nature, traveling as so on. I asked her about her education and she mentioned she feels rather unhappy about it - business administration. I lost my temper here. because I graduated the same sector and so I know best how useless and corrupted these schools are, considering we are living in former USSR country. I explained why it gives her little benefit and what should she do instead (like pursuing mentors, real business experience and so) but I do admit one could feel anger from my side, because I still feel frustration over 5 years of pain and arguing with useless academic snobs.

I wanted her to invite her Skype chat where we can exchange experience, but instead, several days later she blocked me!

I know, maybe it sounds petty, one (quite sexy) girl and one unexpected block, but I am trying ti get a lesson here. Was it me, did I smt. wrong or should I not feel bad about it?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

View best answer, chosen by Count of Banterbury
maxdancona
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 09:46 pm
@Count of Banterbury,
It sounds to me like she felt attacked.

If I am chatting with a new person... the last thing I want is for them to start criticizing my life choices. She probably blocked you because she didn't like how you behaved toward her.

You should learn from this. When you meet the next "lass"... listen to what she tells you and don't give any advice unless she specifically asks for it. People aren't looking for you to jump in and fix their lives for them.

What most people want is someone who will listen to their stories and how they feel about them and then accept them for who they are.

Do this, and you will have much better luck next time. I am afraid this lass is already gone. You most likely will never hear from her again.
Count of Banterbury

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 09:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you, you are right.

I was talking about my experience and stated few economic fact, but you are right, sensitive person might see it as personal attack to her own choice. Also, people might feel negative about giving advice if they did't ask for them. I wanted to help her by my experience and expertise, but last thing person in high demand as her (she is very pretty and I can only imagine the race to get her attention) want to hear smt. negative about her choices.

I overacted, that is my fault. I took issue personal, because I have some grudges up to this day.

Thank you for feedback!
maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:03 pm
@Count of Banterbury,
Don't worry too much. And don't beat yourself up over this, she blocked you... but no one was really hurt too much.

We have all had women get pissed off at us, it is the price of being a straight man with a social life. You try and when you mess up you learn.

So get back out there.
Count of Banterbury

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks Smile I sure will! Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Did I something wrong or did I just meet wrong person?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 08:03:47