Open Letter to God

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 11:41 am
To Our Creator through the auspices of Victorville, Ca Daily Press

Recently diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, after a couple hundred hits like this’n over our past 20 years’ retirement, I doubt if you’ll be seeing many more of my brilliant contributions. But God, if You exist I’m sure you read every one of ‘em; so I’m taking this opportunity to thank You in advance for “Rain, cold headed to region,” March 5--if indeed “Temperatures are predicted to continue to dip…,” while at last, “Showers are predicted…Saturday…”

While I’m still coherent, however, God, I’d like to register just this one minor objection to Your Weather Plans: Often when You’re floating cars down the road in Hesperia, southeast Apple Valley remains dry as the proverbial bone. So appreciate if You could make this one the occasional exception.

Yet, wow! in Your Infinite Generosity, “…two storm systems expected…” to deluge us with “…anywhere from .01 to .02 inches of rainfall….” I can only remain hopeful, with this plea for more lavish deluge given still “ ...a chance of rain next weekend.” Please, God.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley (SW)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 406 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 02:43 pm
@dalehileman,
Sorry about the bad news. I hope you get your wish for a heavy storm. We had some light rain in Northern California this morning.
The genius in our social group was the first to suffer from dementia. But he's still the gentle person that he was. He was a physicist, and have traveled to many countries, and also wrote a book.
We still see him occasionally when our group has dinner in San Francisco.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 03:07 pm
@dalehileman,
Sorry about the diagnosis. I will be thinking of you.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 05:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you Cis, the heavier the better

....except beyond certain limits where it has saturated the soil and just runs off
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 05:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I will be thinking of you
Thanks Ed
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 07:21 pm
@dalehileman,
Sorry to hear the news, Dale.
As for the rain, at least you don't live in Lucerne Valley.

Moving to Alpine, CA in a few weeks. Maybe I'll get to see ya.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 11:36 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Maybe I'll get to see ya.
At least give us a buzz. We're [email protected]
0 Replies