Is she interested in me or just being friendly?

SamyBoy

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 05:17 pm
Hi,
I'm a 24 years old guy working at my office for almost 2 years now. Kind of popular guy in the office who makes a lot of jokes and known to be a hard worker in the team. 3 weeks ago a new girl joined our team, she is almost of my age. I found her attractive from the moment I saw her. I have an idea that she might be interested in me as wel, but I'm not sure. I'll mention few things and you guys can help me figure out if she could actually be interested in me or is she just being friendly..

I've seen her looking at me at times when I pass by or am talking to someone, if I catch her looking at me she would suddenly look away.
At time I'll be looking at her and she would look at me and I'd look away but we shared a long gaze a couple of times.

At the end of the day when she leaves she says bye to everybody and most of the time takes my name and says bye specifically to me (which other colleagues noticed as well and laughed at it).

She sent me mail to ask if there is a good sandwich bar near our office. She normally brings her food with her, or asks someone to bring for her and never joins us if we go out to eat. But one day she suggested a sandwich shop and I said I would like to check it out. To my surprise, she asked if we could go together to fetch a sandwich which I immediately yes to. While we were about to leave another colleague asked if he could join us so he could buy some cigarettes, on which she asked him if he really wants to go with us. He said if she doesn't like then he can go alone, on which she laughed and said she was joking.

Once I was stressed at work and she walked by and asked why am I looking so worried.

We don't really get the chance to talk to each other or when we do, we are interrupted by others, so I haven't had the chance to get to know her better.

Recently, at the end of the day while I was putting my coat on, she gave me a compliment that it was a really nice coat. I asked her if she meant it, on which she said "I usually don't give compliments, but when I do, I really mean them". On this one of our lady colleague remarked that we both would make a good couple on which we both laughed.

We are the only singel people of the same age in our team and people have already started to match us, as one of other colleague told me that she is singel and I should do something about it..

I really do find her attractive and want to get to know her and want to ask her out for a lunch or something like that. But I don't want to rush a lot as I don't want to mess up my work environment, because I might be misinterpreting the signs.

But one thing is for sure that I haven't felt for a girl like this for a long time now.

So any takes on this situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 05:37 pm
@SamyBoy,
this is the key

SamyBoy wrote:
I don't want to mess up my work environment

discourage anything coworkers say in regard to anything romantic/social with this new colleague. Change the subject.

Do not express any interest to coworkers.

This is way too easy a way to lose your job - or mess up her job.

Steer clear of anything to do with a coworker.
0 Replies