i miss my brother (hes not dead)

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:20 pm
my brother is 19. im jewish and he went to israel to study for his gap year. im a girl and have a sister but he was the olny family member i could realy relate to. even when i talk to him on the phone its not the same. also im scared something will happen to him. hes in a place where there have been more than 2 attacks already. if he died i wouldnt be able to live. i feel like im lost without him. he was the olny thing keeping me going and now im lost. i miss him so much. idk what to do. please help!

View best answer, chosen by lollypop35
jespah

Sat 27 Feb, 2016 04:45 am
@lollypop35,
Well, people aren't always around. That's life. Sorry if you don't want to hear this, but it's his decision to study there and you've got to respect that.

Why not write him a letter? You know, with paper and a stamp and all of that? Something heartfelt, maybe funny. If you're not sure of what to write, send a card and write a little about how school is, that sort of thing. I bet he'd be thrilled to get it - handwritten letters are really rare these days.

And hang in there. He won't be gone forever.
0 Replies

CeasarSalad
  Selected Answer

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 09:04 pm
@lollypop35,
Missing someone is hard for all of us because its also sometimes hard to understand all the reasons behind a persons absence. It sounds as if your brother is doing something very noble, culturally important, and highly respected by the Jewish community. I sounds as if your fears for him are natural and normal. Clearly he is taking a risk that he is quite proud and willing to take for a cause that's much bigger than himself. Perhaps one way for you to feel better about his absence is to learn more about what's motivating him, what he is accomplishing and all the positive benefits that are to be had as a result of his decision to go to Israel.

I imagine the rest of your family is feeling very similar to you so don't be afraid t talk about it; this can draw you all closer together. Speak about him often especially all the great things about him.

This is a time that can also strengthen your faith and relationship with God through prayer and scripture reading. God has the power to protect your brother no matter where he may be so I encourage you to rely on your faith and deepen your understanding of your Jewish heritage.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » i miss my brother (hes not dead)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:56:30