gold record

husker

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:43 pm
my friend in Alterbridge (myles) was given a gold record tpnight in NYC - waiting for more details, album went on sale yesterday. so cool.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 10
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 03:28 am
Fantastic! Is he in a band? Keep us informed, Husk.

0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:41 pm
yeah they been playing on VH1 pretty often and they perform in Pontiac Mich. On Thursday.
They are doing like a 30+ city tour.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 10:38 pm
http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=48006

Boston Herald
From reel life to real life: Bit actor now a vocal point
By Linda Laban
Friday, October 8, 2004

In the movie ``Rockstar,'' a fictionalized account of the career of British heavy metal band Judas Priest, the lead character, played by Mark Wahlberg, is hired as a singer of the band he worships andmimics in his cover, sorry, tribute band.

When Wahlberg's sex 'n' drugs 'n' rock 'n' roll-fueled ego takes over, he quits the band while onstage. Before he walks off, he sees an adoring fan in the front row, singing along word-for-word as he had once done, his face lighted up in absolute adulation, and Wahlberg hands him the microphone.

That kid is played by Myles Kennedy, a Spokane, Wash., native. Kennedy is a singer, not an actor, and in an eerie twist of life imitating Hollywood, he is now stepping into the shoes of Scott Stapp, the leader and figurehead of Creed.

Well, almost. Creed broke up in June and Kennedy landed the vocals role with Alter Bridge, a brand new band that includes the three remaining Creedsters: guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall.

``It's kind of odd the way that movie almost echoes this,'' says Kennedy. ``I stopped and thought about that for a minute, but this is different.'' This, he emphasizes, is a new band, and he is certainly no Creed fanatic.

After all, Kennedy has already done a round or two as a major label-signed artist, albeit not as famous as the multiplatinum Creed. But his band, the Mayfield 4, was a promising late-'90s name signed to Epic Records, for which two CDs were recorded before Kennedy and Co. called it quits, somewhat disillusioned and burned out after being dropped by the label.

However, while that band was still up and running, its many touring duties included a stint opening for Creed, as that band ruled the postgrunge world that spawned many similar emotive rockers standing in Pearl Jams' considerable shadow.

``I became friendly with the band, just through touring together,'' he says. ``But I never in a million years would have guessed Mark would be calling me up out of the blue, asking me to play with him.''

That, however, is precisely what happened. Having accepted the offer, Kennedy temporarily relocated to Florida last winter, even living with Tremonti, and began the collaboration that would emerge as Alter Bridge's debut. ``One Day Remains'' was released in early August on Wind-Up, the same label where Creed once reigned supreme.

Creed fans, or indeed Judas Priest fans, will not be disappointed by the all-American heavy rock therein. Guitar riffs fly forward and Kennedy's impressive vocals soar skyward. It's big arena-rock stuff.

Kennedy was born in Weymouth. In fact, he is named for Myles Standish, the Mayflower pilgrim. He says that even though he left when he was young, he still feels strong ties to the area.

``It's weird,'' he says. ``But when I visited I felt this huge emotional pull. My roots are definitely in New England even though I can't remember much about it.''

Kennedy admits to a certain buzz from all this current activity and his current tenure. But he says that's from the thrill of making music, not because he's hanging with the Creed guys.

``There were a couple of moments when we were recording when I just had that blissful feeling you get when the music is happening; that unexplainable thing that happens when some people get together and these songs come out. They come from somewhere and you don't know where.''

On the one hand, he says, hooking up with the guys has a pinch-himself feeling about it. But on the other, it just seems natural. ``As soon as we got on the bus to start the tour, it was just like coming home.''
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 08:55 am
My guys are going to be presenters on the American Billboard Awards

Dec 8th, 8/7c Fox

http://www.fox.com/billboard2004/

Check out Presenters top of the list in alpha order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Alter Bridge)

TWG guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:01 am
it was great seeing my buddy on tv tonight
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 03:44 am
heard most of the alter bridge record. they sound a lotttttt better without, scott, the cow singer...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:12 am
yep -thanks!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:44 pm
My buddies the other night in Vienna, Austria next stop the 15th in
Frankfurt, Germany
( Alter Bridge)
Vienna Concert
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 02:40 am
i'm kind of surprised that they aren't getting as much push as i thought they would.

still more than the moo-man though.

thankfully...

moo moo. moo-aww... moo moo. moo-aww...

Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:53 pm
Quote:
Alter Bridge is set to rock Toronto's famous Phase I Studio. On March 28th Alter Bridge will perform a fully electric, 60 minute set, in front of a live studio audience to promote their debut album One Day Remains. This very special performance will be broadcast on major rock radio stations across the country. 100 lucky people will win tickets to see this live in the studio. The only way you can win is to listen to the following stations...

The Wolf - Regina
The Bear - Edmonton
Freq 107 - Winnipeg
HTZ FM - Toronto
FM 96 - London
The Wolf - Peterborough
KRock - Kingston
The Bear - Ottawa
CHOI - Quebec City

Please tune in to the following stations for details and be sure to call up and request Broken Wings!!!
0 Replies