3

Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:47 pm
Hello, I am almost 20, 5'6". I've been dealing with asthma my whole life. It was just until recently I started waking up several times every night in the middle of an asthma attack. I do have an apointment to see a doctor on Febuary 8th, I just wanted to get other opinions/experiences. I have a blue and 2 different purple inhalers. The blue one doesn't help much, an the purple ones make my breathing feel worse. I am a smoker (cut back to 6 smokes a day) but I do not have any asthma problems during the day, only at night whe I'm sleeping. Anyone have any advice to help me until my doctors apointment?

Ragman

2  
Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:52 pm
@FallenBloodRaven,
Anyone have any advice to help me until my doctors appointment?

I have advice but you're not going to like it (and you've heard it before):
STOP SMOKING.

That being said, you do have my sympathy.

ossobuco

2  
Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:54 pm
@FallenBloodRaven,
Wash the bedclothes? I'm not kidding, there may be dust mites or other stuff you are allergic to on the bedclothes or pillows. A cat cuddled up, if you are allergic, could be a problem.

Stopping smoking completely is a good idea; it helped for myself and others. I had smoked for twenty years.

neologist

1  
Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 12:46 am
When I was a smoker, I would cough my goolyonies out when I laid down to sleep. It helped to prop my self up with pillows. It took me a year to stop coughing when I gave up smoking. But it was worth it.

See your doctor. AND give up smoking. Not necessarily in that order.