Should I transfer to a UC as a junior this fall?

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 11:52 am
I'm currently a junior at a CSU school. By the end of this semester, my grades might be good enough so that I'll be able to transfer to a UC this fall. The problem is that I can only transfer as a junior, not a senior, meaning that I may have to wait till the Fall of 2017 or Spring of 2018 to graduate, and I'll feel out of place if I graduate college at 23. However, if I stay at my CSU, I could graduate in the fall of 2016 with 2 grad courses under my belt. If I finish my Bachelor's at the CSU, I'll probably only be able to go to a CSU for grad school, which I'm okay with. Will it be harder for me to get a job if my BS and MS are from CSUs? What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,197 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 06:12 pm
@prpinrni,
Do you have the money to do an additional year? Is money not a problemo?
Do you happen to live nearby one of the universities?
Do you happen to be interested in subject matter that the places you could go to are well regarded for teaching?
Do you have a clear direction for what you want to do as a career? (I thought I did, but didn't, so don't be shy saying no or not quite).
Have you visited UC campuses? where would you live, and how? Would you have to work?

And so on. We can't guess this about you and your needs, but you can.

0 Replies