Feminist occasionally ignorant

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 08:02 am
Before I start I have to state I'm a women because if I don't (based on personal experiences) most women will flip after reading this post and assume I'm a man who thinks women are useless and unnecessary.
I'm a psychology major at FIU and I recently did an internship at a private firm with a large inflow of butt hurt femanist. I'm not trying to imply all femanist are ignorant I'm stating that the majority of the ones I've met refuse to see a mans side or look deeper into the gender bias issue. Most of the girls that came in argued that females didn't have as many rights as men (In America) but this is actually incorrect. Other then a couple jobs that pay women less and a few places women are not allowed in we are completely equal. The topic of a lesser pay I think is an actual issue but not one to blame all men on. Now the one where women are not allowed in certain places is, most of the time, justified. Places women CANNOT enter, not just because someone say no, but you have the complete legal right to, are normally strip clubs made exclusively for men and and male exclusive events. Women are not allowed in male exclusive strip clubs for many reasons, the main one being, it's embarrassing having a women watching you look at women sexually. Events were women are not allowed are generally sports events, and as stupid as it may sound the reasoning behind this is, not to long ago it wasnt socially accepted for a women to compete in sports. Another reason is if the women looses its easier to blame it on the co-ed event then the lack of practice or knowledge the person has.
Women actually have rights then men don't have. Women have the right to choose parenthood. This means if the women doesn't want a child she can simply abort it, no matter the mans opinion, but if the man doesn't want it and the women does he has no say in the topic and cannot force her to abort. Another right is that women DONT have to (But can) enroll the the military when they turn 18 (In America). We are completely free to join or not, it's your choice, and if you are enlisted, thank you Wink. Another one is at birth girls are protected from genital mutilation, no I don't mean they are protected from rape because that's basic; no one deserves rape. I mean males are not protected from having their foreskin brutally chopped off.
In conclusion, when it comes to women's rights we're just about equal. We have rights men don't have and vise versa. There will defiantly be someone who has an argument against mine or finds something offensive, which is normal now a days, and I'm completely okay with that. I want to here the opposite side. I'm not anti-femanist, I'm completely okay with them, I am anti-radical femanist.

Note: I only examined one side of the topic so there is no counterclaim but feel free to make one of your own.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 234 • Replies: 2

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 08:27 am
@Mersephany,
My name is Aswas and I am a women femanist.
Mersephany

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 12:50 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Congratulations.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Feminist occasionally ignorant
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 10:33:35