The new community platform is going to be called MadLabs

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:39 pm
Just an FYI that the new community of communities that a2k will be a part of will be called MadLabs.com (site obviously not yet available)

Able2Know will still be at able2know.org but it will be hosted on a platform called MadLabs.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 2,135 • Replies: 23

jespah

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:40 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Will it change the URL - maybe to something like able2know.madlabs.com ?
Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:43 pm
What's a platform?

All this technical stuff makes me nervous.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:44 pm
@Robert Gentel,
You mean like these two?

http://freestock.ca/barking_mad_labradors_sjpg3792.jpg
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:45 pm
@jespah,
No, able2know will remain where it is, though logging in etc will be done on the platform domain. Paid communities will be able to use their own domain like that on the platform but free communities will be on subdomains like that (e.g. politics.madlabs.com etc).
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:58 pm
@Roberta,
In this case it just refers to a site that hosts multiple communities like able2know. We are making MadLabs.com as place you can make your own communities like able2know, and able2know will continue to be at able2know.org while hosted on this platform. The platform is basically a community of communities.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 05:27 pm
@Roberta,
Me too. I can't imagine finding my way through all the new communities and then asking permission to join. Right now, I go immediately to New Posts at the beginning of the day. I wonder what those three or four pages are going to look like scattered among umpty upm new communities.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 05:54 pm
@roger,
There will still be pages that aggregate all the different posts from the communities you subscribe to (as well as all communities) just like how now posts with different tags are found on one page.
roger

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 06:03 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I'm sure I'll like it when I get used to it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 12:22 am
If I all of a sudden disappear, it's not because I quit. It's because I can't figure computer stuff out. Ever.
dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 01:11 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

If I all of a sudden disappear, it's not because I quit. It's because I can't figure computer stuff out. Ever.

You know you will get any help you need.
roger

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 01:26 am
@dlowan,
Good. She can explain it to me. Most computer and electronic gizzerblinkers have instructions written for people who already know how to do it.
dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 03:25 am
@roger,
Yes....but we learned enough to get this far....if a2k becomes a community I enjoy again ain't no gizmos gonna get in the way. And there are plenty of people around who can help you and Roberta that never faded away anyway.
JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 05:31 am
@dlowan,
Yes. As someone who is generally change-averse I haven't been looking too closely at the descriptions/discussion of the upcoming new reality. I read Robert's first post and didn't understand most of it so I decided to just hold on and see what comes when it comes.

As I've done in the past with big changes to the A2K format I'll probably feel anxious at first, not like it much just because it's different, and then figure it out and settle in.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:58 am
It just occurred to me that people are probably going to refer to it as "MethLabs." People are like that. Confused
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:01 am
And we're still a year or more away, correct?
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:44 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Not sure, hard to predict how it will go especially since it is something we are doing on the side.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:52 am
@Robert Gentel,
I think most of what you propose will be to the benefit of members. I wish there was a way to move it along.

I like fees, frankly, and threading will make it easier not harder to follow conversation. I believe if the changes work and membership builds, you'll be looking at more changes to moderation.

I appreciate your being here and posting. That in itself has to be helping a2k numbers as people I haven't seen in a long time are coming back.

One very important thing: What the heck WAS the April 1 joke last year, anyway?
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Just bullshit, wasn't any. Lame. Only get to pull that one once.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 05:27 am
@Robert Gentel,
Well it worked. Some of us are still trying to figure it out!!!!

1. Forums
  2. » The new community platform is going to be called MadLabs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:42:11