short history of the calculator

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:38 pm
hi. I have a homework in school, and i have to make a ppt about the calculator. I have to have history, so i searched the internet and the history is sooo long. I have to do it like a timeline, but the timeline is sooo long. Is there a way to make it short?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 366 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by wanttoknow2
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:50 pm
@wanttoknow2,
People have been making calculators for over 2000 years. Yes, 2000 years. That's the fact. And thar's the timeline.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:53 pm
@wanttoknow2,
You can't shorten the timeline.

You have to work with what is there.

You may not have to include every detail of the last 2000 years, but you've got to get the basic changes in there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
Mesopotamian
The period 2700–2300 BC saw the first appearance of the Sumerian abacus, a table of successive columns which delimited the successive orders of magnitude of their sexagesimal number system.[11]

Some scholars point to a character from the Babylonian cuneiform which may have been derived from a representation of the abacus.[12] It is the belief of Old Babylonian[13] scholars such as Carruccio that Old Babylonians "may have used the abacus for the operations of addition and subtraction; however, this primitive device proved difficult to use for more complex calculations".[14]
0 Replies

ekename
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 09:52 pm
@wanttoknow2,
Quote:
Is there a way to make it short?

Yes, use the headings shown in the link below as the basis for your time line and mention the reference source.

https://infogr.am/The-History-of-the-Calculator
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 10:08 pm
Google antikythera mechanism, 2000 year old greek computer.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » short history of the calculator
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:50:56