Internet problems, VPN

panzade

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:56 pm
@engineer,
While I've got you on the phone.
You might be able to help me engineer.
I had ATT U-Verse for 2 years and my 3 laptops, PC and I Pad worked fine in wireless mode.
As soon as I switched to Comcast cable the I Pad worked but the computers would drop the internet signal every few hours.
Then I would have to reboot or repair.
Tech guys at ISP said modem-router worked fine from their end and rather smugly told me to get new drivers for the cards.
Got any ideas?
engineer

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 06:34 pm
@panzade,
I take it you got a combined modem/router. It could be that your signal strength is low in parts of the house, but your computer should reconnect after it losses the signal when it sees it again. When your computer drops out, if you search for wireless networks, does it see your home system?
panzade

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 07:12 pm
@engineer,
no it doesn't
engineer

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 07:21 pm
@panzade,
There is a phone/tablet app called WiFi analyzer. If you download that, you should be able to walk around your house and see where you have good signal strength. If I had to guess, I'd say their modem is either not very good or is poorly positioned to give you signal throughout the house. Do you know the model number of the modem?
panzade

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 07:55 pm
@engineer,
Technicolor TC 8305c
engineer

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 08:35 pm
@panzade,
That looks like a decent router. Does it matter where in the house you are when the signal drops? If you connected one laptop and left it in the room with the router overnight, would it still be connected in the morning?
panzade

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 09:52 pm
@engineer,
good question.
In any case I have to shop for my own modem/router so I don't have to pay rent on theirs.
Got any ideas for a good model?
0 Replies

Kleinmk5

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:36 am
@H4ZE,
it all depends what you are using for a VPN service and where you use the VPN where its routing from and what Not I can say that the Ones in Japan tend to be the fastest and most reliable.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:20:12