Would you like to rewrite the short sentence so that I can get a clearer picture of it?

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2016 11:03 pm
Please rewrite "can explain correlations only up to some maximum limit" so that I can get it clearer.

What I understood is: "can explain correlations only up to some maximum limit" means something like "can explain correlations at such level that the correlations can only reach some maximum limit."

I felt that I've left out some nuance. I don't know what it is though.

Context:

In the 1960s, Irish physicist John Bell proposed a test that could discriminate between Einstein’s hidden variables and the spooky interpretation of quantum mechanics1. He calculated that hidden variables can explain correlations only up to some maximum limit. If that level is exceeded, then Einstein’s model must be wrong.

More:
http://www.nature.com/news/quantum-spookiness-passes-toughest-test-yet-1.18255
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 399 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
FBM
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2016 11:10 pm
"He calculated that hidden variables can explain correlations only up to some maximum limit."

Maybe:

He calculated that hidden variables can explain correlations only when the values of those variables did not exceed a certain limit.
oristarA

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2016 11:21 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

"He calculated that hidden variables can explain correlations only up to some maximum limit."

Maybe:

He calculated that hidden variables can explain correlations only when the values of those variables did not exceed a certain limit.

Cool.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Would you like to rewrite the short sentence so that I can get a clearer picture of it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:17:36