Israel and The "Apartheid" Analogy

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 06:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ignorant of what? Try to figure it out, but I doubt you can; you're too dense.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 09:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Ignorant of what? Try to figure it out, but I doubt you can; you're too dense.

Now that's a brilliant comment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 09:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I know that's brilliant! Thanks.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 10:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Repartee with you is like boxing a man without arms. I keep forgetting how reliably infantile your response are. I won't forget going forward.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 10:49 pm
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:

Here is a discussion of the claim that Israel is practicing "apartheid" against Palestinian Arabs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_the_apartheid_analogy

The analogy is flawed. Apartheid was the law in South Africa. Israeli law gives
it's Arab citizens the same rights its Jewish citizens have.

One thing is apartheid, which is an Afrikaans word meaning "a policy or practice of separating or segregating groups," and "the condition of being separated from others; segregation." Another thing is Apartheid, "The official policy of racial segregation formerly practiced in the Republic of South Africa, involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against nonwhites." While Israel doesn’t have an official policy that it calls “Apartheid,” it does practice “apartheid” in Israel and the Occupied Territories that for all intents and purposes are a part of Israel, seeing as how Israel refuses to give up control of those territories to the point of rendering a two state solution to its conflict with the Palestinian peoples impossible and instead sees Israel concentrating the Palestinian populations there into increasingly circumscribed areas. In the early 2000s Israel commissioned an inquiry, the Or Commission, after the start of the Second Intifada and found that the state systematically discriminated against the Arab populations in Israel. The reforms that the commission recommended were never implemented.
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 02:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, that was "the question." I'm used to you rewriting the history of a conversation to suit your own ends, though.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 10:36 am
@InfraBlue,
Joe can't live with the truth, so he has to give you a thumb's down. Ignorant children who can't live with the truth has to play children's games. He still hasn't provided any evidence to prove his side of the argument. The best he can do is give you a thumb's down.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 11:32 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, that was "the question." I'm used to you rewriting the history of a conversation to suit your own ends, though.

Your dislike of me seems to be interfering with your reading comprehension:

Quote:
So anyone who visits the US more than once is qualified to pass judgment on us??

This what I wrote, and as you should be able to see it was not "do people who have visited the US pass judgment on us?" it was: Are they qualified to?

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:00:54